Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 08:17 AM
Banned

Who's eq dev main was ranger? Lol. Anyway. Ya'll should try out secrets classless server if its still up.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:49 PM
Aviak

I would make a Half-Elf Shadowknight... who worships Veeshan.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzerei84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would make a Half-Elf Shadowknight... who worships Veeshan.
A half elf shadowknight seems kinda possible. I like that elf blood pretty much prohibits you from being evil in this game, and if you're an elf and evil, you're a dark elf.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:39 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A half elf shadowknight seems kinda possible. I like that elf blood pretty much prohibits you from being evil in this game, and if you're an elf and evil, you're a dark elf.
Right? To me it made no sense that half elves were locked out of sk and necro. They can start in Freeport and worship innoruuk. Half dark elf is still half elf. And humans who worship inny can be sk/nec. Even the deity isn’t too far-fetched since wood elf(and maybe half elf and human also but I’d have to check to be sure) bards can worship veeshan.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who's eq dev main was ranger? Lol. Anyway. Ya'll should try out secrets classless server if its still up.
Brad Mcquaids character: Aradune?
Old 04-21-2021, 08:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Brad Mcquaids character: Aradune?
The original warwiz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzerei84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right? To me it made no sense that half elves were locked out of sk and necro. They can start in Freeport and worship innoruuk. Half dark elf is still half elf. And humans who worship inny can be sk/nec. Even the deity isn’t too far-fetched since wood elf(and maybe half elf and human also but I’d have to check to be sure) bards can worship veeshan.
Yaeah to the SK.

No to the necro or other int casters.

Most likely the excuse is no DE would ever have a child with a man or innoruuks corruption would make them blend more blueberry if they did, then human. There is the white haired with violet eyes half elf.

I'm supposing half elf innoruuk or bertox is just radicals. Not actually de.

Half elf rogues don't get inny as a choice. They should tho. Half elves are disordered. Can't be clerics either. It's like they are forsaken by all but the most fanatical.
Last edited by starkind; 04-21-2021 at 08:49 PM..
Old 04-22-2021, 04:07 AM
Fire Giant

As weird as it sounds, and as much as the stats would suck for one in EQ...Dwarf Enchanter. Dwarves in other fantasy settings are known for practicing arcane magic to craft stone golem protectors (animations), carving runes of power onto their works (the rune line) and enchant their superior arms and armor.

I like the idea so much that I've thought about playing an enchanter of another race, giving it a dwarven name, RPing as a dwarf, and just doing my best to keep the dwarf illusion on at all times.
Last edited by tadkins; 04-22-2021 at 04:11 AM..
Old 04-22-2021, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

In the only fantasy work of fiction that matters, lord of the rings, dwarfs aren't doing that kind of magic that everquest enchanters do.

Everquest doesn't really have much of a magic line that would apply.

Except maybe bard songs.

There could be a class for Dwarfs and maybe Gnomes and maybe Halflings that is a warrior bard hybrid. Basically a warrior with a few songs and perhaps a unique tradeskill: augment creation.

The main problem with this is just making too many hybrids.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-22-2021, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As weird as it sounds, and as much as the stats would suck for one in EQ...Dwarf Enchanter. Dwarves in other fantasy settings are known for practicing arcane magic to craft stone golem protectors (animations), carving runes of power onto their works (the rune line) and enchant their superior arms and armor.

I like the idea so much that I've thought about playing an enchanter of another race, giving it a dwarven name, RPing as a dwarf, and just doing my best to keep the dwarf illusion on at all times.
Be elf so you can wear chain armour.
Old 04-22-2021, 01:21 PM
Banned

Not sure if mentioned yet but Iksar enchanter would be hella OP. All iksar’s faction issues solved by illusions AND the hp regen to deal with all the hits you take while charming. Losing health is by far the thing that slows down exp’ing the most on enchanter due to how slow it is to come back without regen or heals, leaving just expensive runes as a bandaid
Closed Thread