Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 05:34 AM
Fire Giant

Default Ancient Cyclops in SR, night & day?

Can I just confirm with people who have absolute experience and so can say without any doubt that the AC does or does not spawn at anytime during both the day and night? The idea that it is a daytime/nighttime spawn only is rather persistent.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:38 AM
Large Bat

I have had the most success at getting this bitch to spawn at 5pm game time. I know its said that it only spawns at night. Hogwash. I have had him spawn about 10times at this exact time.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:40 AM
Banned

I have spent a lot of time at Sro AC, I have pretty much always followed the kill guide that wiki has. The only for sure time I have seen the AC up in sro during the day time was when he was popped, and I was too slow getting back to kill him or someone else was. I have never seen him pop during the day out of about 30 AC kills in sro in the last 4 months. I think the only real way to prove a day pop would be literally to start recording a minute or two before the AC/PH should repop during the day time, A screenshot does no justice since I took one before when red was like ~25 people at 4am EST no one was around, I was switching between chars in sro/cazic thule to farm items/ring and I was on one char too long and logged in to see the AC up during the day only because of above reason.

I think a GM may have posted on this that AC can spawn during the day time, But I don't have the time to search the forums right now for the thread. I think Nilbog or Rogean someone posted a snip of code for sro AC to show either it could or couldn't.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:44 AM
Aviak

I've gotten him during the day. End of debate
Old 08-04-2013, 05:46 AM
Fire Giant

The problem with a lot of anecdotal information is that as most people follow the wiki, they set up the cycle so he only ever spawns at night. It's self-fulfilling. I'm almost certain he spawns anytime, but I can't remember the first kill I saw. The second was at 3am, and I *think* the first was around 5pm or so.

Anyway, I'm going to just kill PHs as soon as they appear, forget about the clock, and see what happens.

P.S. I seriously love that there are spawns like this where you've got important drops on rare mobs on crazily convoluted spawn cycles, nothing is given away to the player base, and players have had to find and work it all out for themselves. No kidding, there is not another game in the world I can think of that does/did that, and certainly no modern MMO.
Last edited by t0lkien; 08-04-2013 at 06:06 AM..
Old 08-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Fire Giant

Confirmed day spawn (~5pm).
Old 08-04-2013, 08:14 AM
Sarnak

It can spawn at any hour, without regard to day/night cycle.

Tattersail, Leader of the JIT
Old 08-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

If there was an absolute defined guide to getting the AC to spawn it wouldn't be posted here, given the jboot racketeering going on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I managed to get him for my necro off about 90 minutes work of just killing all 3 spawns as soon as they spawned...probably some luck involved, I didn't care, it was done [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Kobold

Daytime works fine.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

here you go

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread