Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2020, 02:12 AM
Aviak

Question Kunark, Fine Plate, and Cultural blacksmithing

Hello all. I just started playing last week, and I've been having a lot of fun. I scrimped and saved and managed to get enough money to get my smithing skill up around 135, and then made myself a nice set of small banded armor at level 11. It feels great to wear it, and even better to be the best tank in pick up groups even though I'm the cleric, ha hah!

One of the things I have always wished I could have done on live was wear High Elven cultural armor back when it was current, as I love the way it looked. I've read over the release schedule, but haven't seen anything in it about when cultural smithing and tailoring will be implemented. Does anyone know if it will be in immediately at release, or will it be sometime later? Also, is Fine Plate armor in the game (on Green) yet, or was that a Kunark addition as well? I've other people ask me about it when I bragged about my smithing skill, and I'd love to be able to fit them out in shiny new plate.

I know some cultural components are dropping already, because I just bought a couple of Essence of Moonlights from merchants today, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks for any information.
Old 10-14-2020, 04:25 AM
Kobold

Materials for cultural smithing are mostly live, probably because it's just too much work for GMs to change so many entries. No cultural smithing / fine plate is available on green though. And according to the timeline in the wiki, Kunark release won't bring it but a later patch a couple of months after Kunark release.
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Old 10-15-2020, 10:41 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the info. It was a bit confusing to me since I stumbled across MQ ore on a vendor in Freeport, which was what I remembered Fine Plate requiring to make. I'm really looking forward to being able to plate people up in Fine and Cultural armor.
Closed Thread