Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288
Did you have buffs from other players on?
No, ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76
Posts #6 and 7...
Quote:
Congrats dude! That's impressive. Also I fail to see what buffs from others would help him finish this fight?
Thanks! The only thing that would help in such a fight would be a CHing cleric. If you haste pet, slow PoD, and sieve him til your OOM (and he probably is too) you can beat him if the stars align and without any help. But didn't need help this time, pet ended with ~45% hp.
Last edited by Castle2.0; 08-06-2020 at 12:42 AM..
Old 08-06-2020, 01:15 AM
Sarnak

I soloed Priest of Discord and Priest of Order on blue as a druid. No help from anyone. Priest of discord takes me about 2 hours and Priest of order took three days of dying and 4.5 hours of NON STOP FIGHTING. If he breaks root once you can die if you're not fast enough to root. He resists a LOT and he nukes for 700.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

I don't doubt those numbers. Tons of HP + healing. As a Druid you gotta burn all their mana then root rot em to death. If they get off a stun or root and you don't pell, it's probably instadeath. Way to go. Assuming you did this at 60?
Old 08-06-2020, 01:19 AM
Planar Protector

What buffs would an enchanter get that would help him win or lose a fight with a mob in city?

A Charisma buff?

lol

Edit: lol I see someone else pointed that out, well....then, uh... fix your fricken textures Castle smh
Last edited by Jibartik; 08-06-2020 at 01:21 AM..
Old 08-06-2020, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

Shamans equal enchanters on CHA buffs @ 50, but the enchanter one lasts a bit longer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I just installed the game, haven't touched textures. Seen some cool projects, but I kind of just like pure classic (at least titanium/close as possible) look.

Send me some pics via DM if you got some pretty textures you wanna share - might check it out.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just installed the game, haven't touched textures. Seen some cool projects, but I kind of just like pure classic (at least titanium/close as possible) look.

Send me some pics via DM if you got some pretty textures you wanna share - might check it out.
I think he's talking about your robe sleeves with the PoD robe on. Something looks funky.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

The white shoes man! Dont ever update original environment textures those HD ones are a sin against Tunare. (not sorry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ) But I strongly recommend the p99 HD character texture pack, that is pure gold. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But either or, fix yo shoes!: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=87281
Old 08-06-2020, 04:18 AM
Banned

Congrats man - that's really really tough. I try every so often when I get bored - no success yet.

I use a hasted Nanrum in Grobb, best i've done 42%. Nice job!
Old 08-06-2020, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What buffs would an enchanter get that would help him win or lose a fight with a mob in city?

A Charisma buff?

lol

Edit: lol I see someone else pointed that out, well....then, uh... fix your fricken textures Castle smh
Cleric buffs for example that could give you more HP and AC such that you could get that needed stun off or other spell off when you otherwise would’ve died.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288
Cleric buffs for example that could give you more HP and AC such that you could get that needed stun off or other spell off when you otherwise would’ve died.
You don't understand how this engagement works.

If you're getting hit, only 1 of 2 things are happening:
  1. You are a total noob at managing aggro. Pulling aggro off a pet quadding for 140s is actually super tough - you'd have to be trying to get aggro.
  2. Charm broke - and you have to zone and try again. No amount of HP is gonna save your butt from PoD and your pet. There is no room to run around and remez/recharm pet while PoD is on you potentially stunning/rooting you. PoD himself cannot be mezzed. Even if you could, it's not worth it. You won't have enough mana to finish the fight. If you take any damage and have to try again you gotta regen hp. Mana regen speed > hp regen speed for enchanter.

This isn't charming in LGuk with 2x level 40ish mobs you can facetank 1 with extra hp for that next stun. It's 2x level 50 mobs in tight'ish space - one dual wielding & hasted 60%, the other unmezzable and casts root & long stun.

I can't think of a single buff (that an enchanter doesn't have) that would have any real impact on the engagement.
Last edited by Castle2.0; 08-06-2020 at 10:11 AM..
Closed Thread