Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2021, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be interesting to continue 50+ into kunark. The question would be what good weapons can you solo to get at 50+? The weapon progression would be really interesting. By solo self-found I take it you aren't accepting buffs from other classes either?
Yeah he’s pvp tagged so he can’t be
Old 04-19-2021, 03:11 AM
Orc

Legitimately impressive. Eat your heart out, gnoll scroll guy.
Old 04-19-2021, 08:10 AM
Banned

Op could always drop pvp flag and go raider. But doesn't seem like their thing.

I appluad op for limiting themselves.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean you’d definitely be limited to dark green cons at some point as a Rogue. Maybe it’s possible but it will take absolutely forever to do I would think
I think you eventually end up doing a lot of snare kiting with poison and archery. Its also sometimes viable to use NPC on NPC combat to weaken something enough you can finish it, but the best examples I've used for that are in Velious, so would have to think if there's a good old world spot for that.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:46 AM
Kobold

You are the coolest dude, Yrehcra. Got dam.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be interesting to continue 50+ into kunark. The question would be what good weapons can you solo to get at 50+? The weapon progression would be really interesting. By solo self-found I take it you aren't accepting buffs from other classes either?
Solo Self Found could maybe score a Glaive of Martlek or Kunzar Ku'juch for a snare weapon.

At 50, they'd need to get really lucky on an AC pop to get Jboots. But it seems like snaring the enemy & self-Jbooting with the levi cloak might f work for bow kiting and jousting?

Canyoneer Pike would be absolutely vital for any non-kiting options or to finish something off. It's the only slow-proccing weapon I can think of that a SSF could get.

I'm not sure a SSF war could get a Deadwood Stave. I don't know that the Warders pop anywhere that's single-pullable, and I don't know if a SSF war could handle 2-3 mid-30's healing mobs at once. I don't know of another heal-proc weapon, though.

If they were a big race, Weighted Axe might actually be a jousting option, but for Dark Elf that's a no-go....
Last edited by jadier; 04-20-2021 at 10:08 AM..
Old 04-20-2021, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean you’d definitely be limited to dark green cons at some point as a Rogue. Maybe it’s possible but it will take absolutely forever to do I would think
How badly was Instill Doubt nerfed? I soloed a Rogue really quickly with that until about 50 or so at which point I just bought Chardok AOE spots since I was just trying to get a raid alt leveled up. I haven't used it since the nerf though.
Old 04-20-2021, 04:49 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are the coolest dude
Old 04-20-2021, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solo Self Found could maybe score a Glaive of Martlek or Kunzar Ku'juch for a snare weapon.

At 50, they'd need to get really lucky on an AC pop to get Jboots. But it seems like snaring the enemy & self-Jbooting with the levi cloak might f work for bow kiting and jousting?
Wouldn't really need the jboots if they had a snaring weapon. Even if you have bad luck with the proc on something like the glaive, just strafe running should keep you out of combat assuming you don't foolishly try to fight mobs with a boosted movement speed. Try to focus on mobs that run at low life so you can easily finish them off when they get low instead of bow kiting. real problem is getting all the arrows... I'd imagine it would be a giant PITA.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:45 AM
Aviak

This is one of the coolest things i've come across in eq classic... super impressed. If you have any advice on SSF, or other threads anyone could recommend, I'm pretty hyped on this idea. I'm thinking of doing it /w a ranger.
Closed Thread