Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 06-20-2022, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Human interaction has both positive and negative aspects, instead of realizing it for what it is and enjoying the dynamics of it, Arvan would rather strip out the dynamics and beg for a bland one flavor fits all server. (TAKP) If you don't want human interaction, the way Everquest was meant to be played, then go to another server where you can have that.
Quote:
Date : 30/03/2000

Topic : Play Nice Policy

The purpose of the Play Nice Policies is to discourage people from being anti-social jerks...
Quote:
EverQuest is a Multiplayer game, and as such, people
have to interact with other people. The focus of these rules
will be to form some guidelines for these interactions, and
provide the GMs and Guides a course of action in the
event that some people purposely attempt to reduce the
amount of fun that another person can have.
You all pay
the same amount of money to play the game, and thus
deserve the same options while here.

Ultimately, the goal is to provide some tools that allow
people to work out situations on their own and not
involve the GM/Guide staff who should be focused on
adding content and dealing with real customer-service
issues. I think that the rules, which will be outlined next
week in the Producer's Letter, will result in more
short-term intervention by the GM/Guide staff, but will
empower people to solve their own problems in the long
run.

-- Abashi, AKA Gordon Wrinn
Old 06-20-2022, 07:56 PM
Banned

"EverQuest is a Multiplayer game, and as such, people
have to interact with other people. The focus of these rules
will be to form some guidelines for these interactions, and
provide the GMs and Guides a course of action in the
event that some people purposely attempt to reduce the
amount of fun that another person can have. You all pay
the same amount of money to play the game, and thus
deserve the same options while here.

Ultimately, the goal is to provide some tools that allow
people to work out situations on their own and not
involve the GM/Guide staff who should be focused on
adding content and dealing with real customer-service
issues. I think that the rules, which will be outlined next
week in the Producer's Letter, will result in more
short-term intervention by the GM/Guide staff, but will
empower people to solve their own problems in the long
run.

-- Abashi, AKA Gordon Wrinn"

Leadership and players from various guilds do not have to like each other and that's never been the goal of the PNP. P99 has a loose ruleset of addressing problems before they reach staff level and it's utilized in game, then the UN, then at staffs' desk if necessary.

Abashi - "...purposefully attempt to reduce the amount of fun that another person can have". Is someone stalking and harassing you in and out of game in an attempt to reduce yours or anyone else's fun?

Name and shame if so. If not, quit being a drama queen looking to exaggerate and inflame every minor human disagreement or dislike.
Old 06-20-2022, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya I really thought draft + bag limits solved the issue for guilds that don't want to compete so they get to time events around what's best for them
I don’t have an issue (besides getting trained almost every time i’m near vanquish - please stop training me) but the staff do have an issue. Time to stop causing issues.
Old 06-20-2022, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's actually really fun, when you see the other person rushing toward the mob and then yellow text goes out and you see your name. Very exciting and it is competitive /nod.

Yelinak is probably my favorite, I only really fte on warrior engages, so yeli, twins, triples, zlandi...those are ones I get to fte sometimes...lot more fun than just doing it uncontested which them ya it's no brainer cause you can have full force for engage..

I like competition engages cause you have to use da idols, wort pots etc and try to stay alive. Really really fun /nod
Yeah it's so fun that you jumped ship and joined the band wagon guild snowballing all the content so you could enjoy the pixel train instead of actually competing lol.
Old 06-20-2022, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leadership and players from various guilds do not have to like each other and that's never been the goal of the PNP. P99 has a loose ruleset of addressing problems before they reach staff level and it's utilized in game, then the UN, then at staffs' desk if necessary.
That wasn't being argued.

Quote:
Abashi - "...purposefully attempt to reduce the amount of fun that another person can have". Is someone stalking and harassing you in and out of game in an attempt to reduce yours or anyone else's fun?
Stalking and harassing don't reduce fun, they eliminate it outright. Did Greengrocer stalk or harass any one person in particular? Afaik, no. But he did purposefully attempt to reduce the fun of numerous players trying to buy and sell in East Commonlands. It isn't black or white, where either someone is violating the rules or they are not; if that was the case, there wouldn't be as many rules/rulings as there are on this server.

Quote:
If not, quit being a drama queen looking to exaggerate and inflame every minor human disagreement or dislike.
One guild leader threatening physical harm on another. One guild leader using another guild's account info to train them, then lying to staff about it after the fact. The very same guild that was all but proven to be scripting. These are hardly minor human disagreements. And if anyone's being the drama queen looking to exaggerate and inflame, it's...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And the number of abusive tells Detoxx has sent numerous players is enough to count as harassment against the raid community. It's become a meme at this point.
Old 06-20-2022, 10:31 PM
Planar Protector

I honestly have no idea how Detoxx is still allowed on this server…
Old 06-21-2022, 12:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-21-2022, 01:05 AM
Fire Giant

1. Vulak Ring
2. Ancient Spells
3. Artifacts
4. We're all having fun.
Old 06-21-2022, 01:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-21-2022, 01:25 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]