Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-10-2022, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alli drinking the koolaid hard these days, yikes.
Lol I just tired of that lame excuse and trying to say everyone is unemployed, it's just stupid /nod.
Old 08-10-2022, 03:29 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2022, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol I just tired of that lame excuse and trying to say everyone is unemployed, it's just stupid /nod.
Two things can be true at the same time. Rules have exceptions.
Old 08-10-2022, 08:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is a poor excuse to not even try. Lot of the so called unemployed people you keep referring to is false. Most just are smarter than you or I and make crazy money doing business things. Fur for example is almost always flying somewhere and sending photos of beautiful beaches etc...so ya don't hate just cause you failed at life and have a shit job like me lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love that your example of someone successful is a person that lives on mommy and daddy's money lol.

The only smart thing you've done in the last few years is jump ship to a guild with more neckbeards who aren't afraid to cheat to win.

Drinking the kool-aid indeed.
Old 08-10-2022, 08:23 PM
Banned

Exclamation

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2022, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

Akshully it was Flavor-Aid brand that the cultists used at Jonestown, not Kool Aid.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love that your example of someone successful is a person that lives on mommy and daddy's money lol.

The only smart thing you've done in the last few years is jump ship to a guild with more neckbeards who aren't afraid to cheat to win.

Drinking the kool-aid indeed.
Didn't know that, I just thought he bought real state and did like bnb type stuff. Anyway point I was trying to make is most everyone has a job. Just large guild with players in all time zones who want to win /nod.

I got off work and sat on a coth mage for tfa, that's what I like to do to win eq...don't have to be unemployed to play eq and win mobs is all...

And you are in riot Mr, those no job comments are directed at you too.

I'm just tired of hearing the basement living unemployed comment, that has nothing to do with why the other guilds don't get mobs.

It's because casual guilds don't even try. They just want the mobs given to them for whatever reason.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm just tired of hearing the basement living unemployed comment, that has nothing to do with why the other guilds don't get mobs.
Then stop hanging around where the shoe fits.

Probably all of us have been in those types of guild as well so the denials aren't going to get much traction around these parts. I well remember the divorcees, the forever-aloners, the unemployeds or never-employeds, drug addicts, drunkards, has-beens and never-weres. Sure it's not 100%....but they're there, and they're there in quantity. No "normal" well-adjusted adult with an ordinary life can spend the equivalent of fulltime plus overtime hours on EQ-emulator. It can't be done and the normal folks who hang out in those types of guilds usually accept and ignore the obvious reality of the folks who are online seemingly around the clock at all hours, because that's the bunch who makes stuff happen in-game.

Meanwhile in the dinky low-end casual guild it's families, lot of my groups are as many women as men, stable careers, spouses and children, home owners, mortgages, and a definite lack of ever logging in at 4 AM to FTE this or that dragon.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Nah, Allishya is right. P99 raiding is build on remote work and people playing from work. I've been around both the raid guilds on blue and also raid frequently on green. This is how its always been.

Dudes working while tracking on a second monitor. People taking shifts to track and race, the vast majority never sock a full 16 hours straight as is constantly insinuated by smaller guild members. People like Alli pop on after work and do a couple hours shift here or there.

The guilds are more defined by having people with flexible work from home, and simply having a LARGE roster so that you can cover the tracking shifts at all hours. Riot wins more mobs in off hours because they have a ton of players on Euro and Asian time zones, not because they have more unemployed people. The people running those guilds have families, incomes, mortgages, careers, but they have a lot of flexibility and spend a lot of time working at home.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

I'll grant that the past few years, specifically, remote work is more of a thing than it previously had been thanks to covid and whatnot. But that's definitely not "always been the case."