Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-01-2022, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello! The original interface was made in a 4:3 ratio (640x480) and the 4:3 version of this UI follows the proportions of that. However, it was designed to be used in a resolution of 1080 pixels of height.

The 4:3 version has black bars on the sides that cover 480 pixels in total of a 1920x1080 screen, so the actual interface is 1440x1080. So the answer is yes, you can use it in a 4:3 monitor AS LONG AS it has vertical resolution of 1080, even if you have to position the windows manually.

If you use a resolution lower than that, the images won't fit entirely and will have parts cut off.
The stoneUI slips my grasp yet again.
Old 07-01-2022, 11:49 PM
Fire Giant

oh wow, so many good uis lately that emulate the old feeling

Amazing work! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 08-05-2022, 02:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have an issue where my buffs are right along the right edge of my screen meaning they fall behind/beneath the stone ui elements. This is using the 16:9 version. Anyone have any fixes for this?
Old 08-05-2022, 02:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Even if the window itself is transparent, you should be able to unlock it (right clicking on it) and move it around. It's a tall rectangle the size of 2 buffs wide by 8 buffs tall, so the handle to move it should be the top left corner.

Another way is to change the coordinates in your UI_player_Project1999.ini directly.
Old 08-05-2022, 03:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if the window itself is transparent, you should be able to unlock it (right clicking on it) and move it around. It's a tall rectangle the size of 2 buffs wide by 8 buffs tall, so the handle to move it should be the top left corner.

Another way is to change the coordinates in your UI_player_Project1999.ini directly.
Ah that's great thank you so much!

Any chance for a future higher resolution version? It scales very well w/ wider monitors but going to a greater height than 1080 leaves a gap on top or bottom.
Old 08-05-2022, 03:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I thought about but I just don't have a higher res monitor so it's probably not happening from me. But the source files are up there for download if anybody wants to give it a go
Old 08-14-2022, 09:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Sakam, Stone UI is wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to share this with everyone! What I love is it's upscaled for modern monitors + gives the game it's old school CRPG aesthetic with large, clear UI elements. I know many players prefer minimalist UI for wide field of view, maximum visibility, optimal play, etc. But there's something special about loading up Stone UI, going first person, and just chilling. Taking it slow. Taking in the game.

I'm using the 16:9 version. I like it so much that I use it on my 3840x1600 monitor, even though it's fuzzy downscaled to 1920x1080. For anyone who might one day be extending this to other resolutions, +1 vote for a 3840x1600 (24:10). Another decently popular ultra-wide resolution is 2560x1600 (16:10). And 2048x1536 (4:3) would be neat too as it allows crisp 'integer scaling' rendering option from game's native 1024x768.

For anyone who wants upscaled without old school UI, check out Upscaled Velious by Shawk.
Old 08-14-2022, 09:59 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Oh, one thing I just noticed is I couldn't find a way to right-click see details of people's gear when I inspect them.
Old 08-15-2022, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, one thing I just noticed is I couldn't find a way to right-click see details of people's gear when I inspect them.
That shouldn't work anyway - you only see the names of items equipped by other people.

-Mcoy
Old 08-15-2023, 07:11 PM
Large Rat

Default UI praise and issues!

Firstly I just want to say that this UI was what I have been waiting for since I started playing P99! I have tried other classic UI's but there has always been an issue with something that made UI not work right or look off compared to the original Everquest. But this UI looks near perfect! Thank you for this so very much Sakam!

>>> I just downloaded/installed the UI, but when I load it in game most of the windows have a black background instead of the greyish marble from the original. Can someone please help me figure out how to fix this? <<<