Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is just a thought that has popped into my head from time to time. If the p99 devs can make this emulator work is there any reason they couldn't use this as a sort of template to make a game similar to classic EQ but basically a new world with new zones and reworked classes and whatever other changes?

Basically classic EQ re-imagined. Keep the basic nature of the gameplay for sure (get in a group and kill stuff) but other than that make it something new.

New starting cities and zones obviously.

New classes or just tinker around with the existing classes. For example I would make shadowknights and paladins equal to warriors in tanking and melee dps but then would give warriors some special attack abilities to even them out with the knights for snap agro and control. Stuff like that.

I suppose it would be a huge amount of work which they wouldn't be interested in doing but, honestly, given the dismal prospects for future MMO games I would be interested even if they were going to charge a subscription fee. Of course that might get into legal issues if they are using code from EQ, I don't know I'm not a lawyer.

The thing is. I just can't make myself play this anymore. My brother still does surprisingly but I can't. I created several characters on green but the highest I got was level 3. I have no interest in racing for those legacy items which I don't really care about and I've never been into the raiding endgame so I just can't get motivated to level up another character in the same ol' same ol'.

I thought the new server would make things feel fresh and new again but it just felt like a lot of people who know to much about the game racing and bickering with each other to satisfy their greed.

I long to play a game like the old days in EQ but I don't think it can ever even come close to feeling that way on any EQ server ever again, sadly.

By the way, I know this is never going to happen. I just had some time to kill and I was feeling wistful about ye olden days of yore or something like that.
Try the PVP server once it comes out. You actually have use for items that you camp, other than that have you looked in Pantheon Rise of the Fallen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 11-18-2019, 02:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try the PVP server once it comes out. You actually have use for items that you camp, other than that have you looked in Pantheon Rise of the Fallen?
What PvP server? And yes I know about Pantheon. Let's just say I have serious doubts about Pantheon.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:12 PM
Kobold

Has Pantheon released any new info beta, release, etc? I have serious doubts too.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Pantheon is coming soon™
Old 11-27-2019, 08:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pantheon is coming soon™
It's true. The website says so.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:00 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A custom EQEMU server that got shutdown my SOE. It's rather iconic for the time period in the EMU scene.

Yes
My understanding is SoD was formerly WR. someone correct me if im wrong.
If SoD didn't allow boxing and did a server wipe. It could be a huge success.
SOD is an incredible EQ EMU server. Numbers are low these days but I played around the prime. The raid content is very well made, there are hundreds of raid targets too. It did used to be WR.

Boxing is kind of necessary now because of the low numbers, but they limit it to 2 only and they're strict on that.

I recommended it then and I still do now.
Old 12-22-2019, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

There are already numerous emu's out there, some aren't too bad either. But I have never found custom EQ to be as rewarding as classic EQ. For one, custom EQ is typically just higher hp mobs hitting for higher damage, rarely do you see true dynamic mechanics like a Vishimtar raid or something like that, so it tends to get old fast imo.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

TAKP (The Al`Kabor project) is out there too, and also has limited boxing (3) with strict 'no macro-ing' policy. It is still in development, but is in Luclin now and their target is PoP. Very well run server with nice folks and good devs. They have a very large exp bonus for groups that are composed of more than 1 actual person.
Old 12-24-2019, 07:06 AM
VIP / Contributor

Try Classless sometime. You won't regret at least giving it a try. It's a complete custom twist on EQ, with familiar content. Kinda like the opposite of the topic described here. Mechanics changed, not so much the content.

Needs RoF2 client though.

https://discord.gg/8Kag6P

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 12-24-2019, 07:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You won't regret at least giving it a try.
Closed Thread