Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Kobold

Default EQ on modded PSP

Would this ever be possible? there are various ports for PC games, such as doom and quake. Since the psp offers Wifi with a decent ability to run 3d games, in addition to the modded aspect offering 3rd party homebrew apps, I feel it might be possible. I think it would be pretty sweet to play EQ on the go without pulling out a laptop. any thoughts?
Old 09-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

I doubt it but hell, I'd be up for playing it if it was possible...Does the PSP compare to the Droid that can play it?
Old 09-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Kobold

The PSP's CPU is neither the right architecture nor the right speed to run EverQuest.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aasimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The PSP's CPU is neither the right architecture nor the right speed to run EverQuest.
Architecture doesnt matter if one is using a remote system. However yea the PSP is to damn slow, has no keyboard OR touch screen to make up for it, and has to my knowledge no applications capable to remote desktop connection at even a fraction of the speed I get with my cell phone.

EDIT: Max overclock is going to be 333 mhz on a PSP, with only 32mb RAM, and even ignoring the lask of keyboard or touchscreen there ARE 2 or 3 VNC programs for it...so expect 0.05 - 2 fps MAX if using a VNC on a psp for eq.
Last edited by ShadowWulf; 09-16-2010 at 06:23 PM..
Old 09-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Kobold

ahh ok, was just an idea, thanks for addressing it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]