Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 11:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude sounds like a major twat, but he's right about Swish. Pushing 12,000 posts and climbing. The addiction is real. Literally on every single thread in forums.

There are hotlines for your compulsive behavior, Swish.

Also, try going outside. I know you are probably depressed, it may help.
RNF not included, I'm sure he's over 20
Old 09-04-2015, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masakizt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Calabee posted all his RMT earnings when he was banned, I remember, and if you did the math he would have been better off on a minimum wage job at McDonalds hahahaha
thing is i started playing for fun and kill time, never had any intent on making money off of it, and i never did till cashing out in the end.

Yah 5k for a 4 year ammount of time i played here is ridiculous, doesnt even come close to a minimal wage actually... like i said i never played to make money though, it was just a bonus to confirm my choice of quitting :P

and i have donated more then my share of gold coin to lashun btw, fucking soulfires haha
Old 09-04-2015, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm more interested in the decision making process here.

I understand that the staff is not accountable to us. But what prompted this change after ~4 years of level < 46 MQing? Is there actually any evidence that you could not MQ epics before 46? It seems like if epics were not MQable pre-46 and suddenly were, there would be lots of discussion on allah or at the very least safehouse.

This hardly seems like something that could have been a ninja-change done by SOE after Velious. It also makes you wonder why they would ever have done something like making them MQable at level 1 in the first place.

Since it doesn't make sense for them to make epics not-MQable pre-46 in Kunark and then later on removing the level 46 requirement, it seems more likely that there never was a level 46 requirement.

Not gonna lie, I had hoped to twink a rogue with epic pretty early on and this definitely changes my plans for my next alt. This just seems like its coming out of the blue. What kind of conflicting research was there?

Some druggie pillhead developer who probably did not have any ability to unilaterally make changes to the classsic EverQuest experience, gave a forum post blathering while stoned on schedule II controlled substances that it wasn't really intended.

Very very weak evidence. The validity is in question. "Originally intended" based off the forum post of a pandering druggie just isn't enough data for me.

/shrug
Old 09-04-2015, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

^ Note: not referring to P99 staff, some might get confused with the lack of context I left out. Didn't make that clear enough.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some druggie pillhead developer who probably did not have any ability to unilaterally make changes to the classsic EverQuest experience, gave a forum post blathering while stoned on schedule II controlled substances that it wasn't really intended.

Very very weak evidence. The validity is in question. "Originally intended" based off the forum post of a pandering druggie just isn't enough data for me.

/shrug
I think it was on the first Pantheon stream that was done with P99 staff, someone asked Brad if low lvls running around with epics was classic and he said something along the lines of it never being intended, didn't remark if it was actually possible.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it was on the first Pantheon stream that was done with P99 staff, someone asked Brad if low lvls running around with epics was classic and he said something along the lines of it never being intended, didn't remark if it was actually possible.
Brad left his position at SOE a few weeks before Luclin launched. That left him several years of design time to go back and do what he intended.

But it stayed in the game. He had several years to fix his mistake, yet he did not do anything design-wise. Its because his OPINION must not have been unilaterally accepted.

One thing we know for certain, it is NOT classic to remove the ability to create epic twinks.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:49 PM
Banned

It was actually our very own Samwise from Red who took the initiative and sent brad a email that he responded to about the epics never being intended for lvl 1s
Old 09-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troof [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was actually our very own Samwise from Red who took the initiative and sent brad a email that he responded to about the epics never being intended for lvl 1s
See above, multiple reasons why you can wipe your ass with said e-mail.

It doesn't change the fact epic twinks are classic.

SamWise is trolling. Even he knows it was classic. "Originally intended" a few decades later in retrospect?

This isn't Project Hindsight. You feel me? This is Project 1999 "Classic Everquest" Read the brand name in the top left corner of the screen.

Project Hindsight 2015 is going to drive a hard percentage of people away. Many people aspired to create an epic twink of their own some day. BIS twinks are the ultimate goal of twinks, sort of like dreaming of buying a certain Ferrari or a luxury flagship car in real life.

This is a devastating change to the twink fanatics and twink dreamers trying to work their way up the ranks.

Welcome to Project Hindsight 2015.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Someone is mad. I think it's a good move for new players wanting to quest their own epics. Stops the MQ fat cats.

Stops this shit, I shouldn't have to be protecting a guy trying to do his epic piece versus the others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO7XDgo5JBo
Old 09-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

...and PS, because everyone's going to assume I was there to MQ an epic. I was there to get my high elf mask done (gotta rerun the whole thing). I don't mind waiting for another pop, but some people with their "me first" attitude would shit on the leveling guys trying to quest theirs.
Closed Thread