Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

which has what to do with the point here, that

I know plenty of folks in AG, in Riot, and in Freedom even, that are perfectly fine people (some even are very cool(tm), and/or I consider friends, such as it is). I'm also not complaining about increased competition, or what have you. The week that AG and Riot were banned from ToV and we raced <Ghxst> or whatever they were at the time, was super fun even though we lost all those races. We got good experience out of it - I even enjoyed the two Vulak's we teamed up for (at least we got some of that loot; grats TSS/DB/Lighthouse on pop rolls lol). Getting the second one, just as Riot was zoning in? Delicious.

But you all act like giant incorrigible dicks and then blame everyone else for the culture that creates, and have been doing it for a very long time. Case in point: this very thread, the 3rd posted by the same member in the span of about a week, gloating that you made a couple dozen people waste a bunch of time. Congrats, I guess?
Old 09-22-2020, 12:53 PM
Banned

Wasn’t ST rotated at some point? That must have been great.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Lol kiting the vindi that was left up for stream team classic douchebag moments
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not in Riot, and I can say pretty unequivocally that raiding was better after AM fucked off to go on permanent BBQ sabbatical, and has been worse since they've come back.

Example: Post-Green release, during the late fall 2019/early winter 2020, mobs like Eashen, and Ikkatiar were left untouched so other guilds could take a shot at learning the encounters, and even (heavens forbid) get some loot that would otherwise be unattainable.

Meanwhile, the first thing that <guild> did when it came back was trash the first golem race agreement, and snipe the sunday-afternoon Vindi that had been left up for (at the time Stream Team) for months. He's not a raid mob, after all - kiting him around for 10+ minutes to deny Stream Team was a mature, adult, thing to do.

I'm not , pretending Riot is without fault - they're certainly not. The zerg, being hungry, had a tendency to inhale almost everything. They can be condescending. They acted like they were benevolently dispensing favors when they would deign to let someone else have a thing. But the outsider's perspective is that they were more of a good-faith operator than <whatever you're calling yourselves these days>. The fact that in the face of that perception your reaction is essentially to say "no u," is telling.

Here's hoping Kunark on green draws you all back for BBQ round 2.

Freedom has every interest in making this environment a fun and competitive place to play, especially for smaller guilds. I don't believe Freedom competing with you for Vindi has become a regular thing, nor would it. Riot not giving you free attempts at Eashen and Ikatiar is definitely something you should take up with them, however.

If Stream Team would ever like to work with Freedom on anything hit me up. We would love to find a way to mend that Vindi and more. What sort of day time EST availability does Stream Team have?
Old 09-22-2020, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Still got more mobs then your alliance thing, with less people
Old 09-22-2020, 01:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stats.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's just a total coincidence that the culture of elf-litigation lawyerquesting, petitions, and overall pettiness, which was mostly dormant for nearly a year, happened to make a quick and speedy resurgence at the same time that AM 5.0 (now with more <Freedom>!) formed up. Surely, we can't link the two things. We can add to that coincidence that practice of coming to the forums to gloat about being super awesome at a videogame from the Clinton era, and of complaining about how not-awesome another group of elf-nerds is.

We're all so glad you're back, helping to make P99 a positive, healthy experience.
You are aware that there was no litigation because there was no one competing with you right? As soon as competition arose, you guys have been slamming petitions left and right. We have written like 2 petitions against Riot and they have written about 9 against us.

This is what happens when you get scared and start losing. You then resort to petitioning in hopes that you can rebuild morale with free kills.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
which has what to do with the point here, that

I know plenty of folks in AG, in Riot, and in Freedom even, that are perfectly fine people (some even are very cool(tm), and/or I consider friends, such as it is). I'm also not complaining about increased competition, or what have you. The week that AG and Riot were banned from ToV and we raced <Ghxst> or whatever they were at the time, was super fun even though we lost all those races. We got good experience out of it - I even enjoyed the two Vulak's we teamed up for (at least we got some of that loot; grats TSS/DB/Lighthouse on pop rolls lol). Getting the second one, just as Riot was zoning in? Delicious.

But you all act like giant incorrigible dicks and then blame everyone else for the culture that creates, and have been doing it for a very long time. Case in point: this very thread, the 3rd posted by the same member in the span of about a week, gloating that you made a couple dozen people waste a bunch of time. Congrats, I guess?
So your complaint boils down to a handful of Freedomers like to talk shit and troll on RnF, a forum which no one is forcing you to read?

Because I'd agree, Riot's reign has been exactly like AM's with the exception that they don't come talk mad shit on this board every week like that. In game its been effectively the exact same situation, maybe felt a bit worse for a while in some ways due to the initial surge of interest in green late last year. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

But you initially made some vague claims that Freedom has made the raid scene in game more toxic, which I don't really see. Its the same shit its always been, with a new balance of power and divisions in the playerbase.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Freedom has every interest in making this environment a fun and competitive place to play, especially for smaller guilds. I don't believe Freedom competing with you for Vindi has become a regular thing, nor would it. Riot not giving you free attempts at Eashen and Ikatiar is definitely something you should take up with them, however.

If Stream Team would ever like to work with Freedom on anything hit me up. We would love to find a way to mend that Vindi and more. What sort of day time EST availability does Stream Team have?
Well, you'll have to ask them that, I'm not in <Lighthouse>. That Vindi was just an early, obvious, example of the kind of behavior I'm talking about here. I don't recall the exact timeline, but memory says that <guild> hadn't even been around for an entire week when that happened. Old habits die hard, I guess.

I feel like you didn't read very well. Riot (and AG, for that matter and for whatever it's worth) did allow for some uncontested shots at mobs in ToV, including Eashen and Ikatiar. The free attempts at the mobs is kind of besides the point, though. It's just meant to be an example which demonstrates why, despite all its many faults Riot's time as the #1 guild was better for most of the server. Pretty sure AG's end of that bargain was to get all of VP uncontested that cycle. What are the odds in the current climate of an agreement like that taking shape again? Pretty bad, I'd say. FFS, we can't even agree on how not to make ring wars awful.

Sure, though. Everyone is equally to blame, of course. It's pure coincidence that these things happen when and how they do.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You might wanna check those numbers again.