Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Will you buy D2: Resurrected?
Yes 18 45.00%
Maybe 9 22.50%
No 13 32.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 03:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After what happened with Warcraft 3 I'm waiting for the big feedback.
I didn't play it online. But with warcraft 3 I think they didn't do a bad job. However, I was routing for it being ok it failed, after it failed because then age of empires 2 got more attention.

Warcraft 3 graphics update was shitty but just turn them off. I liked how they didn't change much.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:53 AM
Planar Protector

I’ve been playing Diablo 2 since the announcement of the remaster. The game still holds up nicely, however I gotta say it’s extremely repetitive. Maybe it’s the class I chose or my age now but I find it to be kind of boring and unchallenging.

The music is top notch though. The soundtrack was done by the same person who did my favorite world of Warcraft expansion soundtrack, The Burning Crusade.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 03-23-2021, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it’s extremely repetitive...boring and unchallenging
That was my initial assessment back in the day. I did congratulate the devs on improving the Skinner Box tho. Up until Diablo games didn't throw a bundle of sparkly junk loot for you to pick the best item out of. Until Diablo you got your gear as reward for quests or out of some chest after defeating all the guards. Diablo introduced the instant reward mechanic where almost any mob and many many 'boss' mobs just exploded with rewards. How could you not mindlessly keep clicking after that?

Taking away the loot-rush feeling and Diablo has a very repetitive and shallow loop.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:35 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2021, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was my initial assessment back in the day. I did congratulate the devs on improving the Skinner Box tho. Up until Diablo games didn't throw a bundle of sparkly junk loot for you to pick the best item out of. Until Diablo you got your gear as reward for quests or out of some chest after defeating all the guards. Diablo introduced the instant reward mechanic where almost any mob and many many 'boss' mobs just exploded with rewards. How could you not mindlessly keep clicking after that?

Taking away the loot-rush feeling and Diablo has a very repetitive and shallow loop.
I think that's an accurate assessment. I will say there is fun to be had though, the atmosphere of the game is fantastic.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 03-23-2021, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Diablo 3 is pretty good now after 10 years of patches. Not sure D2 is going to scratch the nostalgia itch that some are craving
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 03-23-2021, 10:18 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2021, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

I refuse to log on until my room is clean and my catbabbies washed and groomed. And a healthy breakfast plus walk.
Old 03-23-2021, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

At my highest points of addiction I still took showers before logging in, well most of the time.
Old 03-23-2021, 11:53 AM
Banned

showers after successful camp break
Closed Thread