Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirals [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We need tanks. Period.

We don't care about what class you are, but we do need you to be willing to be punched in the face.
The first question my Ranger gets asked is "can you tank?". My Cleric has ended up tanking a few. Shaman twinks who like to group seem to end up tanking often. There are (a few) too many Monks who think they ought to be tanks, but that never works out well in classic gear.

IOW, agree with Spirals.
Old 04-25-2020, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirals [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We need tanks. Period.

We don't care about what class you are, but we do need you to be willing to be punched in the face.
This has been my experience as a SHM. I've had to main tank my fair share of groups in mid-levels.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 04-25-2020, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moforyguy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
May me a dumb question but why are clerics undesired at lower levels for groups? Especially in Classic? Clerics have undead nukes like a wizard but can heal.
Before level 34, Druids and Shaman's are better because they are using the same heal spells but with tons of extra utility. At 34, a Shaman is still even using Greater heal to Clerics superior but with a pet.

At 39+, Clerics can XP rez and have Complete Heal, but moreso are just using Superior at much better efficency, but the others don't get that heal until endgame.

However, you might be thinking, well, who cares, if I need a healer I need a healer so ill take a cleric.

Except that Druids+Shamans+Clerics as a whole make up the majority of the server player count. Its not like other games where healers are underplayed. Everyone and their grandma is a healer.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:08 PM
Banned

not many make tanks on a server like this people make farming chars so they can all fight over crappy camps
Old 04-25-2020, 09:02 PM
Aviak

I can testify that as a warrior I have had very little trouble getting groups from level 20-35 (my current level). I sit in WC with lfg tag on and port to wherever I'm needed, be it Guk, Mistmoore, Unrest, etc. I wish live had been like this back in '01!
Old 04-26-2020, 11:48 AM
Banned

it was sorry you didnt play
Old 04-26-2020, 02:41 PM
Kobold

So many casters on green. Please roll a tank. You will easily join Unrest groups and get to experience the madness of 32 people in the zone and mobs warping through floors everywhere and GMs getting called in every three hours, and, if you're lucky, several /ooc meltdowns.
Closed Thread