Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 06:01 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Brutal

From the UI to dying ...

I just hit level 5 and I gots me some new druid spells. Time to go over the wall.

I see a yellow con and think to myself 'I gots me Burst Of Fire!, lets go kick some butt!.

20 seconds later, 'You have been slain by a Goblin Warrior', 'You have lost experience'.

WELCOME TO LEVEL 4!

Welcome?!? A nice snarky slap in the face I tell ya! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(oh and it happened twice within 10 mins .... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Old 02-23-2021, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

It's one of the cruelest games ever made [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-23-2021, 09:11 PM
Banned

Basically unless you are using certain mechanics such as bow kiting on ranger or are super twinked with high level gear, I would get the idea of ever killing yellow or red con mobs out of your head. Not at level 4, not at level 14, not at level 44, not ever. It’s just not worth it. Your spells will be resisted too much and if you are hit it will always be for max damage. I play a strong solo class like yours and I’m almost level 30 now having never killed a mob higher than blue con once. That means not even a white con. I just don’t see it as worth the risk. I had a couple attempts at whites/yellows where I had to gate or die and I made the decision to not even bother with white or higher cons anymore
Old 02-24-2021, 02:25 AM
Sarnak

After green released I remember BARELY.....BARELY being able to take on yellow-con tentacle terrors in Najena, and Malo was a requirement to get that root to stick. Not recommended unless one of the scenarios described above.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would get the idea of ever killing yellow or red con mobs out of your head.
Low level necros: Hold my Cabilis pale ale

Generally good advice though unless you're in a full group (which is how EQ was designed to be enjoyed).
Old 02-24-2021, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

That'll teach you to avoid a challenge or strive for excellence.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:51 PM
Banned

lol noob
Old 02-24-2021, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

My first character was a warrior and I could always 1 v 1 solo yellows. My second character was a bard and he died all the time and I decided he was a garbage class.

I didn't realize that "berserker frenzy" was a warrior only thing I just knew that I usually came out on top if it was close at all on my warrior and the bard just died.

Noob life.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:44 PM
Large Rat

Don't forget that skeletons are undercons. It may say blue but sometimes that means yellow.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Low level necros: Hold my Cabilis pale ale

Generally good advice though unless you're in a full group (which is how EQ was designed to be enjoyed).
Lol true

I figured with reverse charm I could kill a white con when I was in my mid 20’s. I knew charm wouldn’t hold that long but I also knew that if I rammed the white con into a yellow con my pet would die fast anyway. It started out good, charm held until the white con was as low as I could get him (~10%). Root had held on the yellow as well

Then everything started going to shit. I invis to break charm and root the white. Go to nuke him dead and he resists AND root breaks off him. Ok re-root, try nuking him again, resist again. Root breaks off BOTH. I get HAMMERED. Finally get both rooted. Let’s try for that kill again. RESIST the nuke a third time, root breaks off the white one. At this point I’m at like 25% health after I can finally get him stunned and rerooted. I just say “F it”, I’m at the bottom of a dungeon I’m not dying here and I gate. That was the last white con mob I tried to do lol
Closed Thread