Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Do you feel Blue is still classic at all?
Yes 24 13.41%
No 57 31.84%
Somewhat classic, but the rules everywhere kill my elf immersion 27 15.08%
Somewhat classic, but what else can GMs do to regulate stinky neckbeards 71 39.66%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 03:14 AM
Sarnak

Default P99 has so many custom rules : is it still classic at all ?

Time locked content and its never ending consequences
Old 03-30-2021, 07:45 AM
Banned

The wild west feel of EverQuest (which is part of what made it amazing) is completely gone or absent on P99. The fact that one guild can just hold a camp indefinitely is also extremely anti-classic. When I was a kid I remember Guk as being an actual leveling zone, handfuls of players grouped up all over the place, many wandering around in search of a group. I cannot imagine anyone just allowing a literal AFK player to hold onto Frenzied Ghoul camp for hours before handing it off to some other kid who just woke up. I know for a fact that another group would have just showed up and took that shit. And this also gave players more incentive to group. On P99, Wizards feel kind of like a pointless class for a lot of content. In situations where you're camping a rare item and you're terrified of being KS'd, a Wizard is the best class you can possibly have in your group. I actually remember being a 16 year old kid and camping Gator Scale leggings for 18 hours straight, and a Dark Elf wizard just showed up and sat there. Didn't say anything. I almost had a nervous breakdown because I knew if he wanted to KS me there was nothing I could do about it. Wizards on P99 just feel like shitty mages because the few scenarios where they shine are no longer relevant.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The wild west feel of EverQuest (which is part of what made it amazing) is completely gone or absent on P99. The fact that one guild can just hold a camp indefinitely is also extremely anti-classic. When I was a kid I remember Guk as being an actual leveling zone, handfuls of players grouped up all over the place, many wandering around in search of a group. I cannot imagine anyone just allowing a literal AFK player to hold onto Frenzied Ghoul camp for hours before handing it off to some other kid who just woke up. I know for a fact that another group would have just showed up and took that shit. And this also gave players more incentive to group. On P99, Wizards feel kind of like a pointless class for a lot of content. In situations where you're camping a rare item and you're terrified of being KS'd, a Wizard is the best class you can possibly have in your group. I actually remember being a 16 year old kid and camping Gator Scale leggings for 18 hours straight, and a Dark Elf wizard just showed up and sat there. Didn't say anything. I almost had a nervous breakdown because I knew if he wanted to KS me there was nothing I could do about it. Wizards on P99 just feel like shitty mages because the few scenarios where they shine are no longer relevant.
The English language has this concept called “the paragraph”. I’d recommend you google it, but incase you prefer a shortcut: https://lmgtfy.app/?q=the+paragraph
Discord: MaCtast1c#7275
Old 03-30-2021, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

I like how we all defaulted to stinky neckbeards destroying classic.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCtastic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The English language has this concept called “the paragraph”. I’d recommend you google it, but incase you prefer a shortcut: https://lmgtfy.app/?q=the+paragraph
The English language has this concept called “the paragraph”.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I’d recommend you google it, but incase you prefer a shortcut:

There's no pronoun agreement for "it." In this sentence, "it" could refer to anything. Am I googling the sun? A reindeer? The price of tea in China? We don't know because you failed to form a pronoun agreement and incorrectly used "it" out of place.

If you're going to pretend to be smart, at least know what the fuck you're talking about. Right now you're just a fake nerd.... which is a weird thing to emulate.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:28 AM
Planar Protector

P99 is significantly less classic than TAKP. For fuck's sake, it's using a client from 2006 and functions around a bunch of custom rules because the player base is mentally handicapped.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is significantly less classic than TAKP. For fuck's sake, it's using a client from 2006 and functions around a bunch of custom rules because the player base is mentally handicapped.
Just cause you're mentally handicapped doesn't mean you have to roll for everything. You can do anything real people can do.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The English language has this concept called “the paragraph”.

I’d recommend you google it, but incase you prefer a shortcut:

There's no pronoun agreement for "it." In this sentence, "it" could refer to anything. Am I googling the sun? A reindeer? The price of tea in China? We don't know because you failed to form a pronoun agreement and incorrectly used "it" out of place.

If you're going to pretend to be smart, at least know what the fuck you're talking about. Right now you're just a fake nerd.... which is a weird thing to emulate.
There you go, trending well. Keep it up!
Discord: MaCtast1c#7275
Old 03-30-2021, 08:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCtastic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There you go, trending well. Keep it up!
What are you talking about, TSLA is literally at an all-time low for 2021, and it's looking bleak thanks to Biden threatening a 40% capital gains tax to pay for yet another stimulus bill.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:54 AM
Kobold

If you roll.

You should be required to stay and help.
Closed Thread