Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 07:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one can control them but they are much more frequent and costly in both mana and health than root rotting with necro DoTs.. You are also not going to be getting away with using root as an enc soloing at higher levels. Mobs just have too much life.
They for sure are, and Necros have it very easy. I gave a link to the mobs for my theorycrafting, its a spot both Enchs and Necros have an easy time Exp'ing at with Charming vs Root rotting at 49-53 that I've personally done. At different levels you're going to have different spell line-ups, but the comparison isn't going to be very different. If anything, its biased for the Necro for not including DoT duration time. You could argue that Necros can afford to be more mana inefficient because of lich/lifetap, and they generally have less problems when things go wrong. But Enchs can afford those mistakes using less mana and doing more damage with the mana spent than Necros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain
Solo is the most efficient exp possible for an Enchanter.

I've been in many monster groups that just mow stuff down. A couple rogues and a great tank with constant pulls.

And it's crap exp compared to charming.

If you think Enchanter is weak and/or inefficient solo then you probably need to work at it a bit more.
Agreed, this thread has me feeling like I'm taking crazy pills.
Last edited by Crawdad; 05-18-2019 at 07:56 PM..
Old 05-18-2019, 11:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is completely false.
I am saying it's not efficient solo compare to a duo, you either waste mana or concede half the exp, but even in those conditions a solo enchanter exp very fast I never said otherwise.

I actually did my whole lvl 59 on my ench conceding half the exp to my pet cause I was tired of breaking charm constantly, and it barely took a week.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:55 AM
Planar Protector

Just speaking from experience (leveled several necros and enchanters to various levels, both classes to 60 at least once).

It always felt like soloing for exp on a necro is faster than on an enc. Also safer - and this adds to the exp gain speed. One unlucky encounter with RNG on enchanter and you need to sit there for 10 minutes regening HP. On a necro you just FD or harmshield / kite if applicable, can tap a low level mob or eye for HP, etc.

Fizzles and resists are more of a factor for enchanter than for necro.

- Necro has unlimited mana starting quite early in levels with Lich spells, and it can be triggered at will. Enc starts having unlimited mana at 51 with ToT (previous spell is quite weak), and you need to tap a caster mob for it (not always available, or dies before ToT refreshes, or you are full mana at the time you can tap, etc, etc).

- Necro nukes (taps) are almost unresistable. Enc nukes have a stun component and (partial) resist quite a bit even after tash, on relevant level mobs.

- Dots don't break (charms does all the time)

- Dots don't rape the necro (broken charms rape the enc)

So yeah. I love both classes but enjoy exp soloing so much more on a necro.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just speaking from experience (leveled several necros and enchanters to various levels, both classes to 60 at least once).

It always felt like soloing for exp on a necro is faster than on an enc. Also safer - and this adds to the exp gain speed. One unlucky encounter with RNG on enchanter and you need to sit there for 10 minutes regening HP. On a necro you just FD or harmshield / kite if applicable, can tap a low level mob or eye for HP, etc.

Fizzles and resists are more of a factor for enchanter than for necro.

- Necro has unlimited mana starting quite early in levels with Lich spells, and it can be triggered at will. Enc starts having unlimited mana at 51 with ToT (previous spell is quite weak), and you need to tap a caster mob for it (not always available, or dies before ToT refreshes, or you are full mana at the time you can tap, etc, etc).

- Necro nukes (taps) are almost unresistable. Enc nukes have a stun component and (partial) resist quite a bit even after tash, on relevant level mobs.

- Dots don't break (charms does all the time)

- Dots don't rape the necro (broken charms rape the enc)

So yeah. I love both classes but enjoy exp soloing so much more on a necro.
These are solid points. And I'm not sure I'd disagree that necros can xp faster than chanters. But to be fair, every one of your pros for a necro has a different side to the story too. Chanter nukes are resistable... but tashed xp mobs basically never resist anything at all past level 20 regardless. Dots don't endanger the necro like charms endanger the chanter... but charms have a lot of potential that dots don't (reverse charming at 50+ is ridiculously fast xp even if it carries some extra risk). Dots don't try to kill the necro... but played well, charms don't kill the chanter 95+% lf the time either. Etc.

They're both great classes. They're both great solo. Charming is hands down the best solo option for the chanter and arguably the best option for the necro. They probably xp at similar rates when played by similarly skilled players.

Necro solo is more versatile in ways (root rot? Charm? Fear kite? Pet just to add some DPS? Self healing, feign, snare, etc.) and safer (self healing, FD, harmshield). Chanter solo is more versatile in ways (universal calm and charm, mana regen not reliant on lifetaps and vs casters wm/tot surpass necro regen, etc) and purely powerful (tash, slow, aoe stun, aoe mez, better roots, double runes, etc).
Old 05-19-2019, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am saying it's not efficient solo compare to a duo, you either waste mana or concede half the exp, but even in those conditions a solo enchanter exp very fast I never said otherwise.

I actually did my whole lvl 59 on my ench conceding half the exp to my pet cause I was tired of breaking charm constantly, and it barely took a week.
Indeed, and though I've found soloing efficient I was a little harsh in saying "completely false."

A great duo is likely the best.
Closed Thread