Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-15-2019, 12:17 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Game no longer reading eqstr_us.txt!

I tried to fix the error for the String 8053 not found by following the directions, and now none of the strings in the game are found. The eqstr_us.txt file is still located in the correct directory, and I only changed the one line. I even tried to revert the file with the same issue occurring. Why is the game no longer reading the file even though it is still in the directory? Anyone have any ideas?
Old 05-15-2019, 02:07 PM
Aviak

My first guess is whatever you used to edit the text file resaved it in a new format this ancient program cannot recognize. My second guess is the current v47 client needs that bugged line or the entire file is not recognized.

I would copy a backup (you did keep a backup of the titanium client?) over your edited version and reapply the v47 update then wait for the project heads to release a patch to change the missing string text.

This bug text effects all tradeskill combines as far as I know. Research etc. Saw a bunch of them raising fletching last night. Does not affect chances of skill up or success/failing to combine. Just a txt result bug on success as I recall.
Last edited by rajax; 05-15-2019 at 02:13 PM..
Old 05-15-2019, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

I made the same change trying to fix it. It had the same result as the OP had. Fortunately, I grabbed the file off another computer and it fixed it... at least it put everything back the way it was before I changed it.