Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-24-2018, 09:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMaR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried the VPN but it gave me the same issue.
BTW! Now I can log-in [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not sure why that was happening, maybe a bad route to overseas connection?
That is very weird.

You can always do a traceroute when having these issues to the p99 server see if the culprit can be found there[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 12-19-2018, 02:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I disconnected from my wifi and reconnected and it fixed the issue!
Old 12-19-2018, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlhin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am having the same issues. Just installed P1999 on my Linux machine but the server list won't show up. Guess I have to try over and over again.
No, Linux is a different issue (trying over and over will only work like 1 in 50 times). Use this and it will fix your problem 100% of the time on Linux: https://github.com/Zaela/p99-login-middlemand

It's super annoying because otherwise P99 works "out of the box" with WINE now, but if you don't know about this one trick you're kinda screwed.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:03 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, Linux is a different issue (trying over and over will only work like 1 in 50 times). Use this and it will fix your problem 100% of the time on Linux: https://github.com/Zaela/p99-login-middlemand

It's super annoying because otherwise P99 works "out of the box" with WINE now, but if you don't know about this one trick you're kinda screwed.
I can't get middlemand to work and I'm using Linux Ubuntu. I follow the tutorial to a T, with the exception of running a script to allow middlemand to start and stop with EQ. So, I have been manually starting it as soon as I see the EULA. I am absolutely sure that I have changed the eqhost.txt to the correct address. Still, no servers appearing.... Any ideas?
Old 12-31-2018, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daallee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't get middlemand to work and I'm using Linux Ubuntu. I follow the tutorial to a T, with the exception of running a script to allow middlemand to start and stop with EQ. So, I have been manually starting it as soon as I see the EULA. I am absolutely sure that I have changed the eqhost.txt to the correct address. Still, no servers appearing.... Any ideas?
I think you need to start it before you even start EverQuest; don't wait for the EULA.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you need to start it before you even start EverQuest; don't wait for the EULA.
Ah sweetness. It worked! Idk how to work the script to make it run and stop with wine-eq launch (Linux infant, here), but that's okay. Thanks, Loramin.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daallee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah sweetness. It worked! Idk how to work the script to make it run and stop with wine-eq launch (Linux infant, here), but that's okay. Thanks, Loramin.
Here's a gist of how I'm managing Zaelas eqemu-login-helper - https://gist.github.com/mgeitz/aa295...d818d0ebb3e37a
Last edited by Indefinite; 01-01-2019 at 09:59 PM..