Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 10:20 PM
Fire Giant

Nope.

As far as RL, growing up the cops never actually helped anyone I knew just harassed everyone. Then when I was 18 I came out of work to find my car had been stolen. A lady I worked with called the cops, the cops showed up, spent 45 minutes harassing me and threatening to arrest me for driving suspended cause I didn't pay a speeding ticket, then the fat fuckin piece of shit cop snitched me out to my boss who almost fired me over it.

Fast forward 6 months, I start getting parking tickets in the mail for my stolen car. I call the cops and ask them why the fuck they are ticketing a car that has been reported stolen and they say the parking authority doesn't know which cars are stolen, I ask the cop if they could see if the car is in the area all the tickets were from, he lol'd.

Fast forward another ~2 months, after many, many unpaid parking tickets in various areas the cops have my stolen car towed, for unpaid tickets not cause it was stolen. They charge me $200 to get it out of the impound. When I look in the car I see it has a bunch of drug shit all over the car, apparently the car thief was a junky, I'm like you motherfuckers gonna fingerprint that shit or do some kind of police work? They lol'd.

TLDR Cops only fuck you over, never help. P99 I feel semi-differently about, but besides random bugs I've only petitioned one guy that intentionally trained me and nothing ever cause I didn't have fraps or logs.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:32 PM
Banned

^ACAB

on topic i once snitched on someone named Powergirl or Powerwiz. was clearly botting spell skillups in a hidden spot in the dreadlands.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:27 AM
Fire Giant

The few time I have seen cryatal clear dual boxing I wanted to snitch but... thought what the heck, it could be another player and that would do almost the same thing. I don't know why the person is doing it. I'm not their father. It's just a game. And I move along. And I regret and I hate them secretly! Dual boxing is bad. But yeah snitching is lame too.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:57 AM
Banned

One time when I was in <Knights Who Say Ni> some kid in TMO came in to our teamspeak or mumble or whatever it was bragging to us about how his guild had a spy in IB's FTE team. I immediately snitched on the fucker to IB senior leadership.

I hate shit like that.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:06 AM
Banned

Another time when I was living in a suburban apartment complex controlled by Chicago drug dealers a dude approached me trying to get me involved in some kind of welfare scam. I told him the less I knew about what he did the better friends we could be. He beat up my brother, and told me if we didn't leave he'd kill us. I called the police and then we left. I later saw him in some sort of like prison work group in line at a local burrito shop. I pretended I didn't recognize him while he glared at me. I enjoyed that.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:07 AM
Banned

So yeah, I'm a fuckin' snitch.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:01 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2005 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One time when I was in <Knights Who Say Ni> some kid in TMO came in to our teamspeak or mumble or whatever it was bragging to us about how his guild had a spy in IB's FTE team. I immediately snitched on the fucker to IB senior leadership.

I hate shit like that.
so you snitched on another snitch, and you hate snitches?
Old 05-24-2018, 06:52 AM
Planar Protector

If I see someone I suspect is blatantly boxing, I’ll report the suspicion. It’s only happened a 2-3x in my time here and it stuck out like a sore thumb. Why someone would risk their high 50s to level 60 characters on shit like that baffles me.

Rules are rules and that rule being enforced is what makes this server as good as it is.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 05-24-2018, 07:47 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I see someone I suspect is blatantly boxing, I’ll report the suspicion. It’s only happened a 2-3x in my time here and it stuck out like a sore thumb. Why someone would risk their high 50s to level 60 characters on shit like that baffles me.

Rules are rules and that rule being enforced is what makes this server as good as it is.
Only petitions I have ever sent was over potential boxers. One instance got an immediate response and to GM's popped in, followed by both of the people in question going LD. I felt pretty good about myself.

About a week later I noticed people on a vox raid with very similar names.. something along the lines of "Somethingmage, Somethingwiz, Somethingrogue.." etc same name + class tag at end. Found it to be an odd coincidence, the likely hood of multiple people creating characters like that to play with each other was a possibility, but screamed boxing to me. Do not know the outcome but I petitioned anyway.

When it comes to potential boxing, I look at it as 'If I'm not allowed to do it in fear of a permanent ban, why should they get away with it unchecked?'

Just my humble opinion on boxing.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

So, you're a snitch?
Closed Thread