Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-06-2011, 01:52 AM
Large Rat

Default Can't see some NPC's

Hey guys I joined P99 about a month ago wanting to relive the old days when EQ was awesome. Anyways when I first started up my human necro I thought it strange I never saw any rats in East or West Freeport newbie zones. About a week or two later I went to befallen to try out my new ward undead spell to find myself being attacked by plague rats I couldn't see. I can't target them by clicking on them but if I /assist my pet I could then target and attack the rats, though they still weren't visible to me. They don't show up when I have deadeye on either.

Oh well, I thought, if I never see another rat again no big deal. Well about two days ago I went to Oasis to try my hand at crocs with my now 13 necro but I can't seem to see or target them either. I can't see Dorn in North Ro or the Sisters of Erollisi in OOT. I also can't see elementals/mage pets. It seems to be random though because I can see Dark Elf players and other Dark Elf NPCs (at least I can see the guards in Nektulos Forest) and Wood Elf NPCs (Vendors in OOT).

I'm running the Titanium client on an older Windows XP PC. I used Duxa's all in one installer to get the game going and other than these nonvisible NPCs I haven't had any problems. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?
Last edited by camoss16; 04-06-2011 at 01:55 AM.. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 04-06-2011, 03:35 AM
Fire Giant

That is really strange. Do you have the game installed in Program Files? or just on C: ?

Have you tried reinstalling?

What about restarting PC when it happens to see if it goes away after restart?

Duxa's Installer wouldnt cause this, but have you installed/modified the game in any other way? Better textures or anything?

Have you updated the video card drivers/if they are the latest try reverting to an older version? What video card do you have?

What about reinstalling?
Old 04-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Banned

I'm not sure, but you might be missing the graphic files for those mobs somehow? It sounds like you're missing some files.

I would recommend re-installing, making sure the install location is somewhere you have full permissions, and updating accordingly.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:55 AM
Large Rat

Hey guys thanks for the quick replys. I just got home from a long day of work so I'll try out reinstalling tomorrow and let you know the results. Anyways some answers to the questions asked....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is really strange. Do you have the game installed in Program Files? or just on C: ? It's installed in program files.

Have you tried reinstalling? I'll try tomorrow and let you know the results.

What about restarting PC when it happens to see if it goes away after restart? This has been an ongoing problem with rats and Dorn for a month now so restarting doesn't solve the problem.

Duxa's Installer wouldnt cause this, but have you installed/modified the game in any other way? Better textures or anything? Nope just ran the installer and played from there. I haven't done any other modifications to my EQ folder.

Have you updated the video card drivers/if they are the latest try reverting to an older version? What video card do you have? It's an old SiS 760 video card. I haven't updated the drivers in years but I'll try that out and let you know in an update tomorrow probably.

What about reinstalling?
Thanks again for the advice. If reinstalling doesn't work maybe I'll try and see if I can scrounge up another copy of Titanium from a friend and see if a different copy makes a difference? /shrug