Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 01:55 PM
Banned

cha/dex is not as important as you think
hp/ac/sta all the way
if its not too late, go zek deity on your bard and get that human cultural armor. be the blood red one man marching band of death
Old 11-03-2018, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

I haven’t played much in the last couple of years, but when I was leveling my bard I would do a lot of charming in both group and solo play. I don’t recall what the returns were on intellect to mana but I do remember thinking it would be nice to have a larger mana pool and considered picking up some int gear.

Given my preferred play style (tank w/ pet in groups, charm kite solo), I’m guessing I would have gravitated towards th DE cultural for int and a/c, if I had the option. My bard is a tunare worshipping WElf. The extra strength is always welcome to help with my loot bags. I don’t have any endgame experience as a bard in EQ, so I certainly can’t speak to that point. For FashionQuest, DE cultural wins.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a Half Elf Bard and I’m looking to start gathering materials to make cultural armor.

Also, if you know anyone who might be able to construct either armor please PM me. Thanks.
No one seems to have hit on the point Half Elves can't make cultural.

PST to Fastsole or Dorgon for Teir'Dal (DEF) armor.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:15 AM
Fire Giant

Teir Dal is nice for charming and packs some STR
Koadal is good for lulls and a good bard should put some effort on his CHA for critical pulling
Rallos Zek has STR and STA, always good to have more HP ?
Tough choice but also pretty irrelevant in the end you need the AC and some stats here and here, if I were you, I’ll go Teir dal or Zek for fashionquest. Pretty darn uncommon to see those red blood singers around, this server is honestly filled with neon tint idiots. Dont be another lost clone running in circles destroying the peace and beauty of all these natural landscapes. Also fuck kiting o[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Bards can be good in dungeon crawls...
Closed Thread