Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 10:42 AM
Banned

Apex was probably downing Kunark content to get their alts their epics. You can take it as trying to grief smaller guilds but at that point I doubt they gave other guilds any thought at all. If I was a wiz without my epic in Apex I would want the guild to be killing VS.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My statement was false in the sense I didnt specify a specific timeline. However, Tune was definately a factor in the death of this server in the later stages post Empire.

Example: He'd go out of his way to kill mobs like VS and Trak while farming ToV just to stop smaller guilds from getting any content, this while 60 of the remaining 100 players on the server were in his guild.

It's true only 1 guild dominates red99- but that's an easy feat during classic and kunark where you could clear the content in a day, and where it wasn't so drastic of a setback for other guilds/players to catch up in terms of the gear curve.

However, no one can justify during Velious era besides maybe VP Dragon's any reason for a guild farming ToV/Kael to go kill kunark dragons - it was simply a tactic to stunt any other guilds growth - on a 100 pop server remember.

Edit: also at this stage anyone who was/had been in a tov raiding guild had 1-2-3 geared velious toons so people were just farming ToV for alts and Vuulak yet the destructive, obsessive mentality persisted.

Edit2: It's the nature of the player's/leaders that ruin this game, coupled with the lack of content in classic and kunark that cant sustain more than 250-300players.
I guess my point is that one can rule the roost and let other's flourish in the content they don't need, or you can make decisions that make people stop investing their game time.
Ya I'm sure there were a couple hundred people waiting to log in if tune stoped killing kunark content every other month lol
Old 11-14-2018, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Once I found out Orb of Tishan wasn't obtainable I was out
Old 11-17-2018, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya I'm sure there were a couple hundred people waiting to log in if tune stoped killing kunark content every other month lol
Pop is small and dwindling. Nobody cared about Tune winning the server year 6.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dussle27 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm willing to make a hefty donation to the "server" in order to get this festering shit hole wiped clean and relaunched as a classic locked teams server. The ruleset will be whites (Humans, Barbarians, High Elves, Wood Elves, Half Elves) versus minorities and midgets. Send me a PM and we'll talk numbers.
can throw in 2000$ for the cause if hb does the same, lets get it wiped and clean it up

don't care if its a team server or just red99 again with the fixes from start, either way would be fun. the current shit is dead and not worth playing on because all the content has already been farmed and everyone has 20 alts with best in slot gear.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't a new emulator a server wipe? Go fail there.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

save sirken and burn it down
Old 12-03-2018, 12:52 AM
Banned

Dark elfs are the majority. They should be on their own team with trolls n ogres. But not erudites or iksars.

Everyone else can be on the same team. For the sake of continuity, lets just say evil erudites enslaved iksars for the sole purpose of dominating their brethren and the other races as soon as the drow are dealt with.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
save sirken and burn it down
save sirken from being corrupted and handing out free loot?

only he can save himself from himself dawg, thirsting for everquest 3/10 puss def something you gotta save yourself from
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 12-03-2018, 03:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
save sirken from being corrupted and handing out free loot?

only he can save himself from himself dawg, thirsting for everquest 3/10 puss def something you gotta save yourself from
Closed Thread