Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 12:04 AM
Large Bat

Default Druid Questions

Hi there i am a returning player and wanted to run a Druid. I could really use a good budget list of items i have about 4kpp. Also where can i find a really good charm leveling guide as far as which areas to farm at certain levels?
Old 06-12-2015, 11:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zargalose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi there i am a returning player and wanted to run a Druid. I could really use a good budget list of items i have about 4kpp. Also where can i find a really good charm leveling guide as far as which areas to farm at certain levels?
also looking for some good druid budget items. only have about 2k to spend on her though atm
Old 06-12-2015, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Druids are extremely gear independent.

The only thing I would highly suggest if you are charming is a Goblin Gazughi Ring.

I would trade 100 WIS in gear for a Goblin Gazughi Ring personally. It makes charming 100x easier, you lose almost no mobs to late breaks of charm and later on in Kedge the item basically functions as instant invis since nothing but mermaids are non-animals. So you can use it to swim around freely (avoid mermaid area) with instant invis.

That being said, if you are unable to purchase one:

Ear - Jasper Gold Earrings - 3 WIS / 50 plat each
Finger - Platinum Jasper Rings - 6 WIS / 150 plat each OR Moonstone Rings - 30 Mana+ 3STR / 50 Plat each
Head - Nightshade Wreath - 5 WIS / 150 plat
Face - Platinum Ruby Veil - 7 WIS+STR / 350 plat
Neck - Chrysoberyl Talisman - 3 WIS+20 Mana / 300 plat
Hands - Split Paw Hide Gloves - 2 WIS / 20 plat
Wrist - Runed Mithril Bracer - 5 WIS+3STR / 500 plat each OR Chipped Bone Bracer - 5 WIS / 400 plat each
Arms - Platinum Armband - 3 WIS/STR / 200 plat
Chest - Foreman's Tunic - 3 WIS/STR / 100 plat
Shoulders - Braided Ivy Cords - 5 WIS / 400-500 plat. OR Prayer Cloth of Tunare - 3 WIS / 100 plat

Range - Small Wisdom Diety - 2 WIS / 100 plat
Secondary - Testament of Vanear - 10 WIS+Mana / Free Quest, just kill on higher level and loot on Druid.
Primary - Enchanted/Ruined Battleworn Morning Star - 5-6WIS / Free kill cleric undead in Kithicor, people let them rot often when doing Dark Elves.

Back/Legs/Waist to get WIS/Mana pieces will run you more like 800-1k each, I suggest against this if you're on a budget. Just save up plat for it later.

See here if you don't like my list: http://wiki.project1999.com/Druid#Pre-Planar

But as stated above, gear is generally rather irrelevant on a Druid. Getting a useful clicky like Goblin Gazughi ring is better use of 5k in my opinion.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:30 PM
Kobold

Thanks Dal. u r teh awesome
Old 06-12-2015, 12:55 PM
Large Bat

Thanks Dal. Any advice on where to charm for the early to mid levels. Not sure what the best areas are up till Kedge
Old 06-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Kobold

commoms-oasis-karanas is what im doing
Old 06-13-2015, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Angelhawk has a good guide written for Druid charm kiting. I'm not sure if I can post links, so you can easily google this. I did find though that once I hit mid - 20s, it was easiest to just group (although I'm sure many people would disagree with me on that). I did HHK until level 35 starting in the late 20s.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:58 PM
Aviak

I found charm kiting to be kind of frustrating when I tried it at level 19 or whatever in e. karana. The charm likes to break often, I wish I could snare and root, had trouble trying to control adds because I was sitting back a way. I can't afford the nifty goblin ring and I'm a human druid so I couldn't hide to break charm. The guide made it sounds so easy and there shouldn't be much downtime. I had a lot of downtime try to med my mana back up and had to run to zone often.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:14 AM
Aviak

Can someone explain to me the ring? Let's assume money is an issue, and you have to choose between 600 mana (100wis) and this ring, what makes the ring that much better? I'm not saying I disagree, I just want to understand
Old 06-18-2015, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

The ring is a luxury, all it does is open up a spot on your spell bar and let you insta-cast animal invis to break charms rather than cast camoflage. When charm killing your spell bar can bear that used lot imo. IMO its not worth the money until high level. Even then, depending on the going price, owning one is a luxury and if you have other needs they should come first.

Also if you exp in lake of ill omen at the ruins along the lake you might get a chance to loot one. At high level if you don't have one it'd be worth the effort to learn that "cycle" and farm one for yourself. I farmed these when the price was higher and always felt I was better off selling it, but now the price is down so if you loot one you might as well keep and use it.

This isn't a charming thread but just a couple quick hints. Using hide to break charm sucks, it fails too often and you do want to control the "when" of the break so the pet is low health but it needs to happen when you want it or the pet will die and you get no exp for it. The ring is best for that, because u can wait til the mob is really low and click it, its instant and doesn't fizzle.

Gear wise, additions to Dald's list: Kunzar Cloak for back, Forest Loops instead of crafted earrings for the same low price, Gator scale legs worth buying even if they cost a bit more, they'll last you til you get legs in fear at 46+