Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

The "most accomplished" solo artist challenge Shaman was a Barbarian.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

at 60 with torp and all other spells, in raid gear. Barb shm is just as good. You just don't have racial regen or frontal stupid immunity.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The "most accomplished" solo artist challenge Shaman was a Barbarian.
Right, well I didn't mean FSI was necessary for solo artists, I just meant they would have the most chance of noticing/caring about it. But I'm glad to hear that FSI is not necessary even to solo the absolute highest level mobs.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-07-2018, 04:51 PM
Banned

Barbarians have one of the best leveling spots in game, and as a shaman they can power up insanely quickly through blackburrow, and the Karanas, then back into Everfrost and Perma, all the while not laying a finger on anything questworthy.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:41 AM
Fire Giant

Plus you can actually vendor your shit without jumping through hoops. Play exclusively Iksar for a while and switching to a goodly race will be like relaxing in a warm bath

go for it OP
Old 07-09-2018, 04:00 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Barbarians have one of the best leveling spots in game, and as a shaman they can power up insanely quickly through blackburrow, and the Karanas, then back into Everfrost and Perma, all the while not laying a finger on anything questworthy.
I'm really new to the game so I guess I will have to figure out where those places are but thanks for your replies.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
at 60 with torp and all other spells, in raid gear. Barb shm is just as good. You just don't have racial regen or frontal stupid immunity.
its not "just as good" when they miss out on benefits they cannot compensate for

when soloing WW dragons and the likes, FSI is a huge benefit, torpor has a long cast time and getting stunned in the last half second of casting it is very bad for resources

troll regen is very strong since good shamans are never at full mana, though it doesn't have the situational awesomeness FSI has

slam is a great ability, it might not always stop a gater, but when it does it probably saved your ass straight up

gearing a character is all about stacking things that don't matter a lot, a newbie char in cloth is a lot stronger then a naked one, even though the indivual pieces do very little
Old 07-10-2018, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gearing a character is all about stacking things that don't matter a lot, a newbie char in cloth is a lot stronger then a naked one, even though the indivual pieces do very little
Not to be contrary, but is that actually true? My subjective sense is that a suit of cloth doesn't make a big difference over being naked.

Has anyone ever parsed this?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Doesn't a stunning hit still interrupt spellcasting even with FSI?
Old 07-10-2018, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Go with what you like the look of the most. Class & Level > everything else. It just so happens if you like the look of the Barbarian you also get an exp advantage over the other races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't a stunning hit still interrupt spellcasting even with FSI?
If the spell is interrupted by push-back, yes. Ogres are the only race that can't be bashed/slammed from the front and interrupted. They can effectively find a corner and keep casting.
Closed Thread