Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 08:46 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What were your test server names?
Braack (War) and Dagome (Enc)
Old 03-20-2019, 08:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Beetles and zombies are great exp at 12 to solo as a chanter in unrest...
I made the mistake of charming them (which doesn't stick well) and probably just should have had my pet out. AT level 12 the pet is stronger than the charmed mob (so it seems) with no break chance.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Braack (War) and Dagome (Enc)
I seem to faintly recall the names. I probably ported you before on my druid (Daman). Christ, I think I ported everyone on the server at least once LOL. Boats would break down for days and I was the only druid who could port. for a long time.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I seem to faintly recall the names. I probably ported you before on my druid (Daman). Christ, I think I ported everyone on the server at least once LOL. Boats would break down for days and I was the only druid who could port. for a long time.
Ha! I think so as well. They were guilded in The Grove, you probably recognize Darkcicle, Velm, Priis and Ozmandius more (from the guild) as they were more involved in high end activities and I think some of them ended up with Primal Brood in the end.

Most did I think =P
Old 03-20-2019, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

What is your character's name? I'm usually around the Gfay area helping low levels with buffs and tanking mobs for them to help the XP flow... if I see you on, I can come help you if I am not busy.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 03-20-2019, 10:02 AM
Large Bat

What I did when I was in that same situation on my mage was go to CB, solo camp trainer hill with lfg tag on and saying in ooc every half hr or so that you're lfg. Once you have it broken you can do the full round and pull one of the wandering orcs up to you and still have enough time to med to full.

With your charmed pet you should have no issue with the hill at level 12.

If you can get into the sisters camp in LFay either solo or duo you can level there until 18 or so and rake in over 1kpp from 12-18. After that you should be golden.

You can also do some really good quests at your level which will help you out down the line, starting with the Crude Stein quest for a massive charisma boost.

You could also start taking up Jewelcrafting and just sell low level jewelry for small but consistent sums of money.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:11 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Location: At my bind point, looking for a sow for a corpse run

The mino camp in SF is very easy to solo with your pet at lvl 12. Just make sure your pet con's blue to you, Haze and strengthen it. Pull with either Languid pace or tash, I pulled with tash. Whether it resists or sticks, run back a bit, I ran back past the tree and use that as a point of reference to pull to/past just in case it decided to walk back towards the camp when it was low health. Start casting root at the point you want to fight it and let it hit you so your pet taunts. Also, throw a few dagger pokes in. Back away and let pet taunt and hit. I wait until my pet does at least 10-20 dmg then I cast Choke and Languid Pace if it didn't stick on pull. Watch Choke ticks and reapply after the fifth tick. If your pet is taking too much damage, get in there and aggro until your pet gets more health back, then back out and sit. Consider your pet a dot that you can refresh by taking a few punches [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] until it gets health back. At this level soloing, root is your best friend.

This is fresh in my mind because I just left the Mino's and I am now in WC hunting Dervs at lvl 14 and figuring them out. Dervs are a challenge solo with an Enchanter because you can get up to 3-4 on a pull if soothe doesn't stick lol. But you shouldn't have a problem finding a duo partner for that camp.

I'm not twinked and only have a few pieces of cloth, my noob robe and standard issue *Dagger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-20-2019, 10:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The mino camp in SF is very easy to solo with your pet at lvl 12. Just make sure your pet con's blue to you, Haze and strengthen it. Pull with either Languid pace or tash, I pulled with tash. Whether it resists or sticks, run back a bit, I ran back past the tree and use that as a point of reference to pull to/past just in case it decided to walk back towards the camp when it was low health. Start casting root at the point you want to fight it and let it hit you so your pet taunts. Also, throw a few dagger pokes in. Back away and let pet taunt and hit. I wait until my pet does at least 10-20 dmg then I cast Choke and Languid Pace if it didn't stick on pull. Watch Choke ticks and reapply after the fifth tick. If your pet is taking too much damage, get in there and aggro until your pet gets more health back, then back out and sit. Consider your pet a dot that you can refresh by taking a few punches [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] until it gets health back. At this level soloing, root is your best friend.

This is fresh in my mind because I just left the Mino's and I am now in WC hunting Dervs at lvl 14 and figuring them out. Dervs are a challenge solo with an Enchanter because you can get up to 3-4 on a pull if soothe doesn't stick lol. But you shouldn't have a problem finding a duo partner for that camp.

I'm not twinked and only have a few pieces of cloth, my noob robe and standard issue *Dagger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was having good luck there, but the Minotaur Lord would aggro through walls sometimes when I pulled a slaver. He was pathing right where the camp was frequently it felt.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely the core EQ experience! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My main is an enchanter - LVL 12 and I've been stuck there for 4 days. CB is hard to get groups (so busy) and soloing there with whatever yard trash is available (light greens) doesn't move the needle.

Went to unrest, and no groups there for low teens (even with 40 people in zone) so I went to Steamfont to solo Minos and charm rarely lasts long enough to justify the mana cost. I keep dying now, further compounding the frustration. Made it back to windmills with 3% health and 1% mana and Halv wouldn't attack the rogue clockwork on my tail. Is he on the take? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can't afford gear - heck, can't even afford my spells! Found some nice people to guild with so chatting is fun, but playing the game is quickly not becoming fun.

You can tell the server is dominated by alts and twins from the longtime players based on the low level charts fully decked out and there is an equal dose of envy and jealousy there too. You think "someday I can get there, when my chanter is high enough to farm for gear for alts" but then you read all of the spawns are always taken.

Definitely the core EQ experience [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(I know it sounds negative, put a smattering of smiley faces throughout as I get it - I beta'd and played EQ core for many years at launch. Just sharing the new player frustration to vent and take a deep breath...)
U online now? I can hop on my druid and toss u some buffs and a few bucks to get ya goin??? Let me know!
Old 03-20-2019, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Which mino camp are you at? I've found the one by the lfay zoneline much easier. Plus the zone is right there if you get a bad pull. There are 3 spawns on a ~ 7 minute timer and you can single pull each if you tash from the right angles. They started greening out at 15 but I still dinged 16 off them.

-Mcoy
Closed Thread