Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

The low levels are a beating. Enchanter starts to become really powerful the more you level. Keep pushing levels and don't give up and the game gets infinitely more enjoyable.

At level 12 I would probably head to Oasis, lots of groups always going on there.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 03-20-2019, 11:31 AM
Banned

300pp hand delivered to homey and his guildie at trainer hill! Potg and full druid buffs as well! They got the starter package and should be good to go!!! Safe hunting you 2!
Old 03-20-2019, 01:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which mino camp are you at? I've found the one by the lfay zoneline much easier. Plus the zone is right there if you get a bad pull. There are 3 spawns on a ~ 7 minute timer and you can single pull each if you tash from the right angles. They started greening out at 15 but I still dinged 16 off them.

-Mcoy
Ah, I was in the caves proper. That makes WAY more sense.

At launch we farmed there safely, so was going off of 20 years ago LOL
Old 03-20-2019, 01:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
300pp hand delivered to homey and his guildie at trainer hill! Potg and full druid buffs as well! They got the starter package and should be good to go!!! Safe hunting you 2!
Was epic. Almost level 14 today before buff ran out. Bought all teh spells I wanted and much in the bank. Feel great. Thanks again, I will pay it forward when I can!
Old 03-20-2019, 01:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

My suggestions for a level 12 enchanter: ditch Faydark and get to commons. Either join a dervish or orc group there, or even better: when you are able, start killing wisps (your animation can hit them, you nuke/dot). Save the lightstones and greater lightstones. Invis through to EK and turn in the lightstones at the bandit camp. Great money and great exp. You can easily do this to 16th (I did this to 18th on my bard).

Use your animation. He's very tough at low levels. Charming takes too much mana at level 12. When you hit 20 or 24, try charming crag spiders in EK. they're slow and weak. Use or sell the silks.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely the core EQ experience! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My main is an enchanter - LVL 12 and I've been stuck there for 4 days. CB is hard to get groups (so busy) and soloing there with whatever yard trash is available (light greens) doesn't move the needle.

Went to unrest, and no groups there for low teens (even with 40 people in zone) so I went to Steamfont to solo Minos and charm rarely lasts long enough to justify the mana cost. I keep dying now, further compounding the frustration. Made it back to windmills with 3% health and 1% mana and Halv wouldn't attack the rogue clockwork on my tail. Is he on the take? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can't afford gear - heck, can't even afford my spells! Found some nice people to guild with so chatting is fun, but playing the game is quickly not becoming fun.

You can tell the server is dominated by alts and twins from the longtime players based on the low level charts fully decked out and there is an equal dose of envy and jealousy there too. You think "someday I can get there, when my chanter is high enough to farm for gear for alts" but then you read all of the spawns are always taken.

Definitely the core EQ experience [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(I know it sounds negative, put a smattering of smiley faces throughout as I get it - I beta'd and played EQ core for many years at launch. Just sharing the new player frustration to vent and take a deep breath...)
Don't group; all groups except the best groups that have an entire zone to themselves are pretty shit experience. If you really don't like solo, just duo-trio with some combination of cleric, shaman, druid, necro, mage, enchanter, wizard.

Charm is a pain at low levels but is definitely worth it when you are fighting JUST the right enemies (it's a small sweet spot - too high level (even when still a blue con) and charm breaks too much, too low level and they're green cons).

Don't try to buy all your spells; 2/3 of them are pretty pointless.

But yeah otherwise you're pretty close to classic EQ imo, lol. There weren't as many twinks on live, but lately p99 is nearly as crowded as in-era servers were, and we certainly have the quirky mechanics and stuff you'd see back in the day too.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was epic. Almost level 14 today before buff ran out. Bought all teh spells I wanted and much in the bank. Feel great. Thanks again, I will pay it forward when I can!
That's all i ask!! Holler for anything man!
Old 03-20-2019, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Bum a port to WC and kill wisps, a couple greater lightstone turn ins will get you enough plat to get caught up on spells and you're probably gonna find groups a little easier at prime time over that way anyway. CB, Unrest, MM are tiny and packed because of the high ZEM and you should expect to wait around for quite a while at prime time to get in a group there. 40 people in unrest is crazy, you would be better off exping in a lower zem zone where you actually have mobs to kill.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Definitely the core EQ experience! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My main is an enchanter - LVL 12 and I've been stuck there for 4 days. CB is hard to get groups (so busy) and soloing there with whatever yard trash is available (light greens) doesn't move the needle.

Went to unrest, and no groups there for low teens (even with 40 people in zone) so I went to Steamfont to solo Minos and charm rarely lasts long enough to justify the mana cost. I keep dying now, further compounding the frustration. Made it back to windmills with 3% health and 1% mana and Halv wouldn't attack the rogue clockwork on my tail. Is he on the take? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can't afford gear - heck, can't even afford my spells! Found some nice people to guild with so chatting is fun, but playing the game is quickly not becoming fun.

You can tell the server is dominated by alts and twins from the longtime players based on the low level charts fully decked out and there is an equal dose of envy and jealousy there too. You think "someday I can get there, when my chanter is high enough to farm for gear for alts" but then you read all of the spawns are always taken.

Definitely the core EQ experience [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(I know it sounds negative, put a smattering of smiley faces throughout as I get it - I beta'd and played EQ core for many years at launch. Just sharing the new player frustration to vent and take a deep breath...)
Come to Red. We host organized leveling groups and the XP modifier helps newbies, like yourself, get to a level in which they can visit some zones and farm gear.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 03-20-2019, 03:37 PM
Kobold

If you need money go solo camp the Nybright sisters in Lesser Faydark near Mistmore zone line, it is the best money you can possibly make inthe teens. Aftet they green out camp the 2 sisters in OOT for even better money.

6 minute respawns!
Closed Thread