Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 08:00 PM
Banned

Well yeah, that too
Old 08-02-2020, 08:24 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong, don't allow summon corpse past island 1. Problem solved as it was obviously not intended to be used this way.
Really?

Because we used it in sky all the time 20 years ago.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauvian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really?

Because we used it in sky all the time 20 years ago.
It was only two sentences but you still failed to comprehend it somehow
Old 08-02-2020, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

In wow they fix these things, superior game? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-06-2020, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone else was already being punished for not being in seal team. At least now you have some kind of chance. There's no good solution to this type of thing, but it's at least a marginal improvement.
Sure there is, suspend leaders when their entire guild is engaging in coordinated anti-social behavior.
Old 08-06-2020, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone else was already being punished for not being in seal team. At least now you have some kind of chance. There's no good solution to this type of thing, but it's at least a marginal improvement.
just increase the drop rate for the dozen or so items where perfect foreknowledge of the timeline is a known issue. its not at all different from how p99 doesn't allow boxing because free accounts and no login limit trivially break the game.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

Just seems weird they didnt wait til the 20 minute respawn change to the mob before /list was added. It won't be that bad of a list with the shorter respawn. I still won't get it on my necro, Tiny Coffins only ,sorry friends.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In wow they fix these things, superior game? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Food for thought.

Stuff that P99 players like EQ for and use on everyday basis is, for a large part, stuff that wasn't meant to be, by the original dev team.

Kiting, fear kiting, charm soloing, quad kiting, pet chaining, FD splitting, CH rotation, swarming, powerleveling, EC flipping...and so many others I fail to think of at this moment.

All these things are essentially exploits but we couldn't imagine playing this game without them. Maybe this is what makes classic EQ the best game in its category, the fact that some exploits are considered interesting enough to be allowed to continue existing.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Food for thought.

Stuff that P99 players like EQ for and use on everyday basis is, for a large part, stuff that wasn't meant to be, by the original dev team.

Kiting, fear kiting, charm soloing, quad kiting, pet chaining, FD splitting, CH rotation, swarming, powerleveling, EC flipping...and so many others I fail to think of at this moment.

All these things are essentially exploits but we couldn't imagine playing this game without them. Maybe this is what makes classic EQ the best game in its category, the fact that some exploits are considered interesting enough to be allowed to continue existing.
Yes.

I believe everquest is the greatest game for this stupid reason:

1. in real life the limit is up to you to define, cant breathe in space? Figure out how to use a helmet.
2. in wow, the limit is up to the game designer to define. NO HELMETS ALLOWED.
3. in everquest, it's up to us to discover and not tell anyone about. "if I cast a spell in a weird way, and combo it with this item, it makes the effect of a helmet and I can go to space and do cooooool things that were never dreamed of."

EQ is real life.

Wow is some designers wack ass fantasy that I dont care about.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 08-06-2020 at 04:49 PM..
Old 08-08-2020, 11:30 PM
Decaying Skeleton

C Heal rotation not intended? They made 32K HP mobs that required more than 1 group to kill it - I'm pretty sure they saw the C heal coordination coming.
Closed Thread