Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 07:23 AM
Planar Protector

Clicking a button every 2 seconds is so hard. It makes my neck rolls just start sweating with the thought of such a task.

Where the fuck is apophis already? Turn this shit into cosmic confetti.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clicking a button every 2 seconds is so hard. It makes my neck rolls just start sweating with the thought of such a task.

Where the fuck is apophis already? Turn this shit into cosmic confetti.
It extends far beyond just spamming sit/stand, and cannibalize+spyglass followed by another sit/stand every 2 seconds. I'm also regularly trying to keep 3-4 melees buffed, hasted (Alacrity lasts 6 minutes), chloroplasted (lasts roughly 16 minutes at level 50), and in many cases, SoW and Levitate as well -- all while root/slowing multiple mobs, malo'd, and also heal my group -- all of this requires me to constantly open my spell book to swap new spells in and out as new players join the group or as things frequently get dispelled, all while managing a pet who for whatever reason, likes to randomly pull trains.

I have too many level 50 characters to think anything comes close to the work load of a Shaman. It honestly can be a nice change of pace, but I don't think a lot of people understand this, especially the Rogue who hasn't taken damage in 3 hours who wants to remind me every 5 minutes that he doesn't have Regen, or the Monk who keeps asking for a new SoW knowing he's going to lose it 20 seconds later to Ghoul Root.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Enchanter is worse purely from the perspective of if you don’t get Shaman buffs that sucks but okay you can mostly deal with it if the Shaman decides to go AFK. Being able to go AFK as an Enchanter is a process; gotta kill the charmed pet, get permission from the group since they’ll have to stop pulling unless they’re willing to rely on lesser forms of CC, get back and recharm a pet etc
Old 08-08-2020, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Bard can rival Shaman button click rate.

Don't bother with the "canni-dance." Only the autists within this community think it matters. When you get near full health, stand up and canni yourself as far as you care to then sit back down and operate normally. You won't care about the tiny mana difference and you'll enjoy your gameplay a lot more. Saying "no" to casting pointless buffs will save you a lot more mana than tormenting yourself with that kind of tedium will.

Danth
Old 08-08-2020, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

(Can't edit in RnF)

Oh, and if you think you're pressing a lot of buttons now, just wait 'till you get Torpor. At that point you'll hardly ever even sit--it's constant casting.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't bother with the "canni-dance." Only the autists within this community think it matters. When you get near full health, stand up and canni yourself as far as you care to then sit back down and operate normally. You won't care about the tiny mana difference and you'll enjoy your gameplay a lot more. Saying "no" to casting pointless buffs will save you a lot more mana than tormenting yourself with that kind of tedium will.

Danth
With a good canni dance macro it really not any more work than just standing there casting canni repeatedly.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:59 PM
Banned

in b 4 ogre or die
Old 08-09-2020, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

I like Shamans because they dont have to do literally anything on a Raid and can still get loot
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 08-09-2020, 11:54 PM
Large Rat

So hard to play one when all you do is run around in circles like a fucking idiot. Groups must love you
Old 08-10-2020, 01:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Danth
I actually tried that and I kill about 3 times slower, to the point where people start getting at mad at me for holding camps I alllegedly can't handle while I spend 10 minutes trying to get mana back to clear something on a 6 minute respawn timer. I can only imagine trying to play in a group with this strategy. Well guys, you're only getting buffs or heals, you have to pick. Don't even think about asking for slows.
Closed Thread