Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

I think it really depends if the druid is out for blood or exp grinding.

Basically whoever is casting first.

I tend to agree that a prepared shaman vs a druid with anything but a secret hidden charm pet is going to be victorious because they're so much stronger smashing druid face in.

But if the druid is the one attacking and starting strong and has the shaman on the defensive, removing dots while getting nuked it would go the other way.

What line of druid spells is not resistable in pvp? like winged death?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it really depends if the druid is out for blood or exp grinding.

Basically whoever is casting first.

I tend to agree that a prepared shaman vs a druid with anything but a secret hidden charm pet is going to be victorious because they're so much stronger smashing druid face in.

But if the druid is the one attacking and starting strong and has the shaman on the defensive, removing dots while getting nuked it would go the other way.

What line of druid spells is not resistable in pvp? like winged death?
if i remember correctly, winged death line is unresistable, but dispellable with pumice, they got also some fire debuff wich im not sure if was unressitable too? druid has to pvp with the 4s cast DD, and have the jump, then he would have a chance.

problem is that with 120fr hes already fucked, u have to think how people build chars, cr fr and mr are the go to options, then poison then disease, even velious geared players have not enough disease resists so u can pvp with the disease line on a shaman, wich is what i did,
Last edited by DRAGONBAIT; 10-25-2019 at 11:32 AM..
Old 10-25-2019, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

I wonder why the other dudes think druid does well. Maybe some DD goes through? I could see a druid going OOm easily fighting a shaman with half a brain before getting close to killing.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:33 AM
Banned

Lvl 60 shaman with all his spells...how does a Druid kilt him? Could torpor and heal then cani dance until Druid is out of mana. Lvl 60 shaman with all his spells, very godlike
Old 12-29-2019, 07:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder why the other dudes think druid does well. Maybe some DD goes through? I could see a druid going OOm easily fighting a shaman with half a brain before getting close to killing.

bumping old discussion here. i was re-reading and it was not mentioned, if druid gets the jump, cast some junk and is able to bottom slot the dots, then keep the pressure on i guess he would be able to win. druid would have a chance if he dispells everything on the shaman and keeps working from there. not sure tho since it would require more skill, shaman is easy mode on the other hand. with clikies is hard to dispell people

maybe im missing something still

any more thoughts on this druid vs shaman discussion?
Old 12-29-2019, 09:47 AM
Kobold

I could see a shaman v druid fight going either way until torpor is scribed, at that point the druid is just standing in awe. Would say druid is better at being the aggressor as they got p good rain and nuke followups if that shaman isn't on their shit at that point they are toast. Gear especially HP/fire resist can give a shaman a much better chance while druids would want HP/MR and cure potions made by shamans. Shamans with solid resist might still take a hit from magic dots but they can gate away if they have to. The shaman's chances of winning increases as the battle goes on though i believe, with canni as well as many utility spells a shaman can possibly even land a malo-line / blind not to mention bind sight to see where pesky dr00d at. Sealing the deal a druid has less chance to escape as most shamans have a secret weapon... SL*M. As far as pursuits go both can cheetah but only shamans can insta sow clicky after that fades. If both play well and counter respectively I could see it becoming a war of attrition lasting several minutes if not even 10-15 minutes where i think the druid would be nearing oom if they haven't burned through half of each cure pot.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:49 AM
Skeleton

shaman can interrupt druid with slam and pet.

shaman.
Old 02-01-2020, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

50s it's a matter of who's more skilled dispelling w / pumice, bottom slotting, getting oor etc.
60s a shaman will destroy a druid lol
Last edited by Christina.; 02-01-2020 at 02:19 PM..
Old 02-01-2020, 09:42 PM
Banned

I have never been killed in the history of everquest pvp by a druid

ever

shaman are king of pvp if you can hold your frame

bards are really the only class you will never beat outdoors he will make you hate run leave flee he wont kill you but you will end up being annoyed leave

if I could do it all over again I would make a warrior and have everyone support me
Old 02-02-2020, 01:58 AM
Aviak

Shamans couldnt even land spells on me other then Malo, and If that somehow got bottom slotted i would still resist 75% of there spells. If i happened to have a DMF i wouldnt even bother pelling it.
Closed Thread