Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 07:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tuljin, I'll give you one more courtesy response, but even if it hurts so much to see someone so wrong (like when you watch someone step on a rake) I'll have to just let it go after this. Some things below I have already said

You crack me up Tuljin, but this response is all I can give. Your incorrigible. You refuse to accept numbers-backed-facts, and you push silly ideas ("DKP or plat, you can only have one", etc.)
Dude I'm not even trippin about how ridiculous you are, I know you're not a horrible asshole like a lot of people can be, but I have yet to see a "character" like you on the forums in many years on P99 which is why I have to chime in.

Im flying out of my house yesterday cause I have a lot of better shit to do - you recharge your HP/mana, you port and gate back to "recharge", when you're dealing with stupid arguments and difficult people you can be thrown off easily if you aren't careful and I realize everyone on P99 and online forums in general went to "elf law school"

Now dude, the thing is...pointing to price speculation of -any- item on Classic isn't a ~~~bad comparison~~~ because I'm not talking about the quality of the particular item at all...I'm talking about the plat speculation itself. Everyone tried to sit on Rubi and was saying it would sell for xyz amount and its like dude....no, it wont. And it didn't.

I never compared the POWERRRRR OF THE MANASTONE to a Rubi BP. Never did that once.

The point is not the item, the point is price speculation when really nobody knows absolute shit about what is going to happen on this box. Will items be /list in Kunark? Yes. Did we know that in the fall? No. Can we guess what items maaaaay be /list in Kunark? Yes. Do we know? Absolutely fucking not. Nobody knows shit dude.

And one thing I find particularly frustrating is the pot-calling-the-kettle-black shit. ~I'm~ incorrigible? Am I incorrigible, or am I the only person who isn't "afraid" to call you out on your bullshit?

I "refuse to accept numbers-backed-facts" and "push silly ideas" like the DKP/plat idea?

Dude...there is a numbers-based fact right here. 200k plat is ~~~a ton of fucking money~~~. People who stack that much plat....get it because they don't pay top dollar for shit. They hustle and lowball and screw people and are unbelievably cheap Scrooge McDuck type characters. Velious is due to be out in less than a year. Tons of awesome items are coming out. If you have 200k plat banked you are Scrooge McDuck. You're not gonna drop that much raw plat on a Mannastone. Ever.

DKP or Plat. Invest your time getting your raid attendance and doing dumb shit camping greens for DKP, or go farm plat. Time in a day is limited, even for people who spend their entire life on EQ. Not a "silly" idea at all.

Sure there are people who have DKP and plat. They are, in fact, statistically, numbers-based......~~~the vast minority of players on this server~~~

In how many months of manastone farming plus the period of time of teal and green running concurrently how many Manastones are on this box? Hundreds? Now, numbers-based-facts ------ what if I told you there are more mannastones than people with fucking huge piles of plat?????? You ever consider that??? And, of the people with huge piles of plat..........how many already have a Manastone? Or multiple???

You ever hear the conversations of people in your guild, or any guild on this server, any given one ------------- about how fucking broke everyone is????????? Its a pretty popular topic of discussion man.

Idk man, really you're the one who can't pull your head out of your ass. I called you out in the fall for being ridiculous for wanting 200k for a Mannastone and here we are, eight months later. Its just comical dude idk, I'm not even "mad" its just hilarious.

And here you are, again, acting like I don't know what I'm talking about - or anyone else for that matter. Not even gonna let it slide dude, sorry.

<The A-Team>
Last edited by Tuljin; 08-06-2020 at 08:25 AM..
Old 08-06-2020, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

This is a great comment T. I’d caveat that could manastones get to 200k eventually? Sure. But I doubt that happens anytime before we are well into Velious. As you note, people are going to be using that pile of plat they have on Kunark and Velious items. If they then re-farm 200k and the server is so inflated that it’s not as much as it is today, then sure a manastone could go for that much. But 200k right now for an item that isn’t really that great? Nah
Old 08-06-2020, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah you guys have the right of it. The time when legacy items are going to be worth big money is when the server merges to blue. But the people I've met on green who are the biggest loudmouths about their MS/rubi investments tend to be more shortsighted and think they will sell during Kunark. They also don't usually have much existing investment in the blue server anyway or have a ton of plans on their post-green game if they even make it that long term. I'm sure there are more quiet and reserved plat millionaires out there who are just sitting on this stuff, and they don't spam the forums about it obviously.

But if you're OP and over half your forum/discord identity has been selling absurdly priced manastones, then you have to dig your heels in not turn around and admit that your price tag was always contrived bullshit.
Last edited by Fammaden; 08-06-2020 at 04:19 PM..
Old 08-06-2020, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. I got plat AND manastone(s) AND I got DKP-loots. Imagine that? Greed/envy/fear clouds your mind mmmmm make an accurate prediction you cannot mmmm.
i honestly can not believe someone actually says shit like this. dude you're a total fucking goober. your entire schtick is "How much this one item will be worth" when actually when kunark and velious come out it's going to be worthless to anyone who isn't a drooling retard. Anyone who ISN'T a drooling retard understands that a manastone is totally fucking useless. So useless, in fact, there are people who actively avoided camping one and spent their time doing other stuff.

so really the reason why so many [SO FUCKING MANY] people make fun of you for being a total doofus is because the entire line falls down to "how much is some baboon going to pay for a (useless) mana stone 2 years later, also that same baboon needs to be willing to spend a crazy amount of money"

I don't think they're all wrong and you're secretly right. I think you've been wrong about every single stupid fucking ForumQuest you make. I think you're trying to impose this 'persona' of being 'smart' when in reality you're a total monkey.

You have absolutely no fucking clue what people are actually holding in their bags. There are very few people who are extremely wealthy (I'm one of them and you don't even know who I am) and then there are a vast majority of people who balk at spending more than 2k on one item. And all of this is BEFORE the difference between "item rich" versus "coin rich."

Stop the madness, please. You're not smart. You're not cool. You're not tough. You don't know better than anyone else who has actually seen this shit before. Just stop. Two years. I give you two years. Then you can come back and say "SEE GUYS I TOLD YOU?! 200k!!!!" And you've already used up about 9 months.

Enjoy the wait

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Last edited by Waedawen; 08-06-2020 at 04:50 PM..
Old 08-06-2020, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Hey what-a-weenie,

If that was my only shtick I wouldn't have the most impressive elf resume on Green. But to speak to your specific points and in light of my work experience as a professional elf I can only say the following because I got a port to catch and a plane to raid.
  1. I can handle things, I'm smart! What's a matter with you?! I'm smart enough to find a way to beat EverQuest!
  2. And I'm tough. I am the first person to solo PoD on Green. Can you get much tougher than that? No, no you cannot. Maybe you've run a 100km trail race. Maybe you've endured 10 years in a foreign, seemingly impenetrable culture mastering a difficult language whilst starting a few successful companies. So what?! Nothing is as tough as PoD solo. NOTHING!

https://i.imgflip.com/4anapx.jpg

And lastly, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. Mr. Anonymous moneybags. I don't wanna know you, or what you do. I don't wanna see you at tunnel, and I don't want you near my camps.

But no hard feelings.
Last edited by Castle2.0; 08-06-2020 at 05:13 PM..
Old 08-06-2020, 05:09 PM
Sarnak

OK dude

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Closed Thread