Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 07:14 AM
Fire Giant

Exclamation Make official price for tipping

I am here because I hear from a lot of people in gchat/group chat/OOC "how much do I tip"

The answer
Tip what you want/can, or simple always this below. FYI can always tip more, but I believe a lot less people will anon up if everyone follows below guidelines.

Porting
1pp per level at least, up to 35pp, If dead people will still gladly port you, maybe add the porter to your /note and tip him later, or extra on next port.

Ressing(Generally ressing takes half the clerics mana bar fyi)
0% 1pp per level at least, up to 35pp. This is pretty much a port to your body
50% res 1.5pp per level at least, up to 50pp
90% res 2pp per level at least, up to 100pp

Monks carry Peridots or rubies(if your a high roller).
Gear is acceptable tip. Just think of its mark value. Split paw high belt, isn't a tip..
Old 07-29-2020, 07:17 AM
Fire Giant

Buffs are a bit tricky
Generally I just tip like 10-30pp. Sow charge is 10pp, so tipping 10pp for sow is norm. But like full shmmy buffs, I tip 20-30pp depending on character lvl
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 07-29-2020, 07:21 AM
Planar Protector

Tipping is for cheapskates in EQ. Paying is for real men. Be a real man. Negotiate a price before your receive the service and pay them in full. Tips are extra on top of this.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah 1pp per level is dumb. Imagine telling a new warrior that they need to come up with like 15pp to get a port? Lol yeah ok
Old 07-29-2020, 09:39 AM
Fire Giant

lvl 5 warrior can afford 5pp. Or said person doesn't need to leave their area. Lvl 1s wanting to port somewhere are probably twinks. Also Lvl 4 spells are 1pp. If a lvl 4 can afford it so can a warrior[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1 Cracked staff is 1 pp. So a lvl 2 can clearly afford 2pp.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Last edited by drackgon; 07-29-2020 at 09:44 AM..
Old 07-29-2020, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lvl 5 warrior can afford 5pp. Or said person doesn't need to leave their area. Lvl 1s wanting to port somewhere are probably twinks. Also Lvl 4 spells are 1pp. If a lvl 4 can afford it so can a warrior[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1 Cracked staff is 1 pp. So a lvl 2 can clearly afford 2pp.
That's just dumb. A level 15-20 Warrior is probably quite broke. They're so gear dependent so their money has basically always been spent already and since most of the time they are grouping they don't get to make frequent vendor runs to pad their cash. As someone who mained a Warrior on live for years, 1pp per level would not have been possible to afford until I was in my late 40s (although now I would say it could be affordable in your 30s or something like that since we all know where the lower level plat camps are so a Warrior can farm those).

Now sure, I would take the boat a lot because I couldn't afford ports. But if you get a tell from a group across the world in a dungeon and you're trying to get there to tank you need a port and 1pp per level wouldn't have been doable. I mean damn back on live 10-15pp was the standard port tip regardless of level.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

The level 15 warrior in banded with a BBC they were gifted who tips 35gold is not an issue for any porter who isn't a sociopath driven by sheer greed. The level 50 necromancer tipping 10pp is, however, a greedy pos who should delete their account and stop polluting the p99 community.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Tipping culture is weird. In real life it just leads to a race-to-the-bottom on wages, with the guilt of customers expected to make up the difference to aid the profits of the restaurants. It's bull.

I guess it can work in a video game. Maybe. If people are reasonable.

Good faith. Tip what you can. The guidelines in the OP aren't unreasonable.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:50 AM
Banned

How much do u tip the dentist ?7⁸
Last edited by silo32; 07-29-2020 at 10:53 AM..
Old 07-29-2020, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Yea, I've always lived by the 1pp/level guideline. I can see the "tanks are poor," argument. But just like in the real world, if you can't afford it don't buy it. Hoof it.

Also almost always pay 100pp for a 90% ress. More if they had to travel to me. They might get 50pp if they were already there and have a manastone. Don't cry at me if you have a manastone. You're rich. Prick.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Last edited by Nuggie; 07-29-2020 at 11:05 AM..
Closed Thread