Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This *might* have been a thing on Stormhammer, I honestly have no idea. But it was definitely not a thing on regular servers until LDoN.
yeah i seem to remember this might actually have been one of those really lame premium features lol
Old 08-04-2020, 06:04 PM
Banned

I’m shocked people don’t remember this. When I get home and have my computer I’ll see if I can find a better example of someone talking about it 20 years ago.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by annali [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is talking about Seb from EverQuest 2.

It loaded a new instance when over 100 people like other EQ2 public zones.

Nothing to do with EverQuest Classic :-)
This^

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2...-broke.421328/
Sauce: EQ2 Forums

Move to RnF,
RecondoJoe you're dancing on thin ice trolling outside RnF or Off Topic.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 08-04-2020 at 06:16 PM..
Old 08-04-2020, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

V good speedy detective work, appreciate the link and proof and all

but ima side w the op anyway. I member, op
Old 08-05-2020, 12:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This^

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2...-broke.421328/
Sauce: EQ2 Forums

Move to RnF,
RecondoJoe you're dancing on thin ice trolling outside RnF or Off Topic.
Calm down, spaz. It was the first thing that popped up when I googled it. Unfortunately most of the forums from that time period no longer exist.

Maybe your server didn't have the serious over-population problem that Tunare had (about 4x the population of Green ATM), but people from Tunare genuinely remember this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I just made this thread a couple of hours ago. I literally planned my entire game-play around those instances. If I typed /who all Sebilis and 86 people showed up, I wouldn't waste my time going there because I knew everything would be camped. If I typed /who all Sebilis and 100+ players showed up, it was a bum rush to get there as fast as I could because I knew I could zone in repeatedly until I got Sebilis 2, which would have almost nothing camped. I remember getting to camp Disco 1 and 2 for the first time after months of being in Sebilis.

Guessing it probably didn't occur as much on lesser populated servers -- something I hadn't considered until the extreme reaction from naysayers here.
Last edited by RecondoJoe; 08-05-2020 at 12:43 AM..
Old 08-05-2020, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

This did not get added to the game until after Velious. I think PoP if I remember correctly?
Old 08-05-2020, 01:02 AM
Banned

People camped kunark dungeons well after instancing became a thing, so I'm sure many people remember instanced kunark dungeons. That doesn't mean it was a thing during actual kunark, because it wasn't. LDoN was the official introduction of instancing and I didn't even play then, but I remember reading about it. EQ2 had instancing out of the gate in 2004, and it was lame, and it might be coloring your memory if you played EQ2 at all.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This did not get added to the game until after Velious. I think PoP if I remember correctly?
I don't remember the era, but I never played PoP. My peak was rading NToV or was it... WTOV? Which ever one had the Skyshrine armor. Kael was my dream armor, but I never made it that far.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People camped kunark dungeons well after instancing became a thing, so I'm sure many people remember instanced kunark dungeons. That doesn't mean it was a thing during actual kunark, because it wasn't. LDoN was the official introduction of instancing and I didn't even play then, but I remember reading about it. EQ2 had instancing out of the gate in 2004, and it was lame, and it might be coloring your memory if you played EQ2 at all.
Instancing sucks, it's part of why WoW feels so bad. Another thing about WoW (I logged in last week for the first time in months), there's pretty much no incentive or reward for exploration. Every time I'm playing EverQuest I'm wandering around trying to find a camp that's open, or check on a rare spawn. None of this really exists in WoW -- I never care what's happening in the next zone over, or wonder what's on the other side of that mountain because none of it matters, and even if you do acquire a decent amount of money, it still feels useless..... what are you going to spend it on, transmogs?
Old 08-05-2020, 01:45 AM
Banned

Haha this is like some kind of elon musk AI gimmick
Closed Thread