Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see he's resorting to the "YOU CAN'T PROVE YOU ARENT GOD" argument. It's possible to prove innocence to the same standard we use to prove guilt.
No, we can't. We have no legal standards for proving one's innocence. You can pretend to prove/not prove anything you want in your stupid little head but that doesn't make it real.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:23 PM
Sarnak

I'm sure the people at the Innocence Project would be surprised to learn that all the rulings of actual innocence they got weren't actually part of our legal system.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure the people at the Innocence Project would be surprised to learn that all the rulings of actual innocence they got weren't actually part of our legal system.

Are you really this fucking stupid?
Old 05-17-2019, 09:59 PM
Sarnak

That's what I'd say too if I ran out of arguments.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That's what I'd say too if I ran out of arguments.
You need to actually have an argument first. All you've provided is stupidity.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:12 PM
Sarnak

Well since you missed it the first time I'll say it again. Every year there are convicted criminals freed from jail because they were found factually innocent, which means that there are legal standards for proving someone innocent.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Well since you missed it the first time I'll say it again. Every year there are convicted criminals freed from jail because they were found factually innocent, which means that there are legal standards for proving someone innocent.
They were not found innocent. There are a whole host of things that they have their convictions overturned for, but not being innocent.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
'reasonable doubt' plays well with a presumption of innocence, like saltines with Schlitz
Schlitz malt liquor!

40oz 7.2seconds
Old 05-17-2019, 10:24 PM
Banned

Sir, you were proven guilty of capital murder with 7 eye witnesses!

Dindu response: "alledgedly"
Old 05-17-2019, 10:42 PM
Sarnak

These people presented evidence of innocence leading to a finding of actual innocence and exoneration. That sounds kind of like the opposite of what you are saying.

Stanley Mozee and Dennis Allen Declared “Actually Innocent” After 15 Years in Prison

Quote:
(Dallas, TX – May 10, 2019) Today, two men who were wrongfully convicted of murder in 2000 and sentenced to life in prison were fully exonerated and formally declared “actually innocent” by Judge Raquel Jones, who granted a motion by Dallas County District Attorney John Creuzot to dismiss all charges against both men. The decision was based on evidence that Stanley Mozee and Dennis Lee Allen were factually innocent based on new DNA testing which excluded them from key evidence at the crime scene, as well as findings that their joint convictions were rooted in unreliable jailhouse informant testimony, a false confession and substantial prosecutorial misconduct. Mozee and Allen had maintained their innocence for two decades.
Closed Thread