Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Whatcha doing ASAP on Kunark release?
Farming gear and selling it for a bajillion cash! 18 12.95%
Making an Ikky necro/monk/shaman! 36 25.90%
Exploring the the vast lands of Kunark! 41 29.50%
Slaying Dragons and Challenging the Ring of Scale! 10 7.19%
Wait 1 year for the excitement to die down 21 15.11%
What's Kunark? 13 9.35%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 01:44 AM
Banned

Default Whatcha doing ASAP when kunark comes out?

Me? hopefully getting a blade of da black dragon eye or a moss covered twig!!

Though I might have a better chance at the twig than the blade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For the ikkys...hmm maybe a Shaman!

man, Kunark is so cool all this new gear gets added and there's Hate 2.0!!
Last edited by Tunabros; 10-16-2020 at 01:50 AM.. Reason: I can't type blehhh
Old 10-16-2020, 01:57 AM
Aviak

Thinking I will work my way toward level 18 fighting willowisps.
Old 10-16-2020, 02:12 AM
Planar Protector

I dunno man I’ve been playing EQ so long sometimes I just log in and stare at the screen then log out. It’s pretty bleak in Norrath these days although I do enjoy chatting with new folks and helping out new people. Chances are they aren’t really new but it’s the illusion you see!
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 10-16-2020, 02:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno man I’ve been playing EQ so long sometimes I just log in and stare at the screen then log out. It’s pretty bleak in Norrath these days although I do enjoy chatting with new folks and helping out new people. Chances are they aren’t really new but it’s the illusion you see!
I feel that way sometimes
have you tried a new class? =) thats what I did when I had this happen to me
I know it sounds dumb it helps with the boredom
Old 10-16-2020, 02:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel that way sometimes
have you tried a new class? =) thats what I did when I had this happen to me
I know it sounds dumb it helps with the boredom
Ya know I’ve thought about starting a caster but then the idea of researching my spells was always a huge turn off. In all my time on p99 I’ve never had a cloth wearing caster, even on live back in the day I usually stuck to a bard or a melee/hybrid class.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 10-16-2020, 02:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya know I’ve thought about starting a caster but then the idea of researching my spells was always a huge turn off. In all my time on p99 I’ve never had a cloth wearing caster, even on live back in the day I usually stuck to a bard or a melee/hybrid class.
Have you heard about the glory of bone knights?

Or the battle druid? Who tanks for groups and melees and uses tree form and thorns?
Old 10-16-2020, 02:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Or the battle druid? Who tanks for groups and melees and uses tree form and thorns?
Im curious
Old 10-16-2020, 02:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im curious
Druids is priests, so got 200 defense and 200 offense, with 175 (i think?) weapon skill... it means they can melee and tank effectively!

Then you look at their thorns (7 damage worth of thorns at level 9!!) ... and their regen ability (turn into a tree adds 3 hp a tick at level 9, scales up to 5 a tick...and later they get an oak form! and regens!).

It all comes together to mean if you focus on armor... you can legit tank for a group, and do damage through your thorns (instead of just relying on melee). And you will still being doing fairly ok with melee too (especially with some nice proc weapons, like earthquake staff or the combust scimitar).

Here is a test build I made with kunark era stuff....and nothing crazy fancy. https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Green:Battle_Druid
Last edited by Ivory; 10-16-2020 at 02:54 AM..
Old 10-16-2020, 02:52 AM
Planar Protector

Good luck in KC
Old 10-16-2020, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids is priests, so got 200 defense and 200 offense, with 175 (i think?) weapon skill... it means they can melee and tank effectively!

Then you look at their thorns (7 damage worth of thorns at level 9!!) ... and their regen ability (turn into a tree adds 3 hp a tick at level 9, scales up to 5 a tick...and later they get an oak form! and regens!).

It all comes together to mean if you focus on armor... you can legit tank for a group, and do damage through your thorns (instead of just relying on melee). And you will still being doing fairly ok with melee too (especially with some nice proc weapons, like earthquake staff or the combust scimitar).

Here is a test build I made with kunark era stuff....and nothing crazy fancy. https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Green:Battle_Druid
Hmm thats pretty interesting! But the health seems to be a problem there. Druids can't seem to take much hits especially when they hit lv 20 ish.
Closed Thread