Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 06:01 AM
Planar Protector

Default Stamina Not Classic

Noticed today while swimming that my stamina bar is not being depleted which got me thinking and remembering it should be. This makes it SUPER easy to max swimming on P99 vs real 1999/2000 era EQ.

2010 Thread here with actual proof of stamina effected mechanics: https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...p/t-23162.html
Old 10-17-2020, 09:15 PM
Sarnak

You didn't drown/stop swimming when you ran out of stamina... so not sure what are talking about. As far as it not draining it doubt they care since stamina's only function on p99 currently is to allow you to jump.
Old 10-18-2020, 03:39 AM
Planar Protector

There were effects of having low stamina but a lot of them were client side, and disassembling the client to hack them in is only for the foolhardy or downright geniuses. You're gonna have to be patient on this one I think.
Old 10-20-2020, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You didn't drown/stop swimming when you ran out of stamina... so not sure what are talking about. As far as it not draining it doubt they care since stamina's only function on p99 currently is to allow you to jump.
Yea you did, did you even read the link i shared where someone literally said he fell of the boat, ran out of stamina and drowned?
Old 10-21-2020, 01:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea you did, did you even read the link i shared where someone literally said he fell of the boat, ran out of stamina and drowned?
Nope. Andi didn't have to read it.

If he died in such a way he either;
1. didn't know how to swim in EQ in the first place was going to drown regardless.
2. is lying.

Take your pick.

He also claims "I also recall running would slowly decrease your Stamina bar ".

Complete BS.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope. Andi didn't have to read it.

If he died in such a way he either;
1. didn't know how to swim in EQ in the first place was going to drown regardless.
2. is lying.

Take your pick.

He also claims "I also recall running would slowly decrease your Stamina bar ".

Complete BS.
The thread I linked was started by Nilbog, who literally brought up that Stamina is not working right here. Are you claiming stamina is fine here? I am not sure what you are arguing.

If you are arguing that you drowned when stamina depleted, I remember this to be true as well. Also, why would someone lie about that. Also more comments on how you would sink if you ran out of stamina(over on the Pantheon forums): https://seforums.pantheonmmo.com/con...ks/view/page/3

Quote:
Not to mention the fact that some peoples computers were insanely slow back then, and it might take them like 5 minutes to zone, and if the boat didn't wait long enough for you, then when you appeared in the new zone the boat wasn't there anymore and you dropped into the water as you watched the boat dissappear into the distance. Oh and swimming took stamina and when you ran out you would sink. And with no in game map at the beginning, you would have to know exactly which way on the compass to swim to make sure you made it to shore before you drowned.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

I'm not sure how you are confused by what I'm saying since I've been quite clear in my responses. Kedge would be virtually impossible and no one would have survived being dropped in the water from erudin to qeynos or freeport to BB. These are people just misremembering and letting their imagination get away, just like the claim running lowered his stamina bar.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Kedge would be virtually impossible and no one would have survived being dropped in the water from erudin to qeynos or freeport to BB
Well...

Quote:
8/13/99

> Other than needing some means of continually breathing underwater, you'll
also have to overcome the continual
>depletion of stamina.
>
>- Gladimir, Barbarian Shaman of Clan Blackwatch, Cazic-Thule

Aha, finally I understand why they put the otherwise useless spell "Invigor"
in the game. It does restore stamina, and takes a long time to cast. There
is even a higher level equivalent of this spell. Clerics get the spell and
druids, probably enchanters too, and maybe some others.

Wodan.

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.game...m/D5zbvOBluwAJ
But yes you didn't drown at zero stamina. There was just a snare effect that overrode sow etc.

That might be one way to implement it on p99 actually, a custom movement speed debuff in the spdat that is applied by the server when your sta reaches zero and can't be dispelled etc. It could be applied only while in water, since the server knows when you're in water because that's how it gives Swimming skillups.

Quote:
7/26/99

Incidently you don't drown if your stamina goes to 0, you just get
slower, and there SHOULD have been a canoe on Erollisi. Presumably
someone had taken it when you got there, but even then I'm sure another
one appears after a time.

---

you dont drown when yer stamina goes to zero. But sow doesnt work
either... fastest ppl to travel with over water are high lvl bards and
shamens. ( levitate and speed)

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.game...m/mrW6lRY0rXQJ
Would just need Secrets to load up his Trilogy client project and get stamina down to zero and see how it affects movement speed in water.
Last edited by Dolalin; 10-21-2020 at 03:10 PM..
Old 10-21-2020, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well...

But yes you didn't drown at zero stamina. There was just a snare effect that overrode sow etc.

That might be one way to implement it on p99 actually, a custom movement speed debuff in the spdat that is applied by the server when your sta reaches zero and can't be dispelled etc. It could be applied only while in water, since the server knows when you're in water because that's how it gives Swimming skillups.

Would just need Secrets to load up his Trilogy client project and get stamina down to zero and see how it affects movement speed in water.
I think what we are talking about was if you were at the bottom of the water and ran out of stamina, u would drown because of the snare effect not allowing you to return to the top...remember, once the air bar is depleted you take hp damage and can die in the water...

It has me now wondering how depleted stamina affects the air bar, maybe it auto depletes the air bar if stamina is gone and that is how people drowned so much back in the day? Because i clearly remembering if i got caught out in deep in the water with no stamina, i was screwed.
Closed Thread