Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Get a sword of pain and someone to make you steelsilk CT for godmode FQ and you’re set until thurg gear although as an SK can prob last ya until SS/Kael.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:56 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get a sword of pain and someone to make you steelsilk CT for godmode FQ and you’re set until thurg gear although as an SK can prob last ya until SS/Kael.
Solid advice. I think one fun think about this class will be to farm all the different FQ suits and weapons.

How much of a discount can I get on the Steelsilk if I find a crafter to do it at cost? I guess a full set costs around 2400 on the market (or at least that’s what I remember reading). It does look bad ass and I’m feeling confident I will be one of the best looking characters on the server!
Old 09-25-2018, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeojones1979 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solid advice. I think one fun think about this class will be to farm all the different FQ suits and weapons.

How much of a discount can I get on the Steelsilk if I find a crafter to do it at cost? I guess a full set costs around 2400 on the market (or at least that’s what I remember reading). It does look bad ass and I’m feeling confident I will be one of the best looking characters on the server!
2400 isn't realistic. Someone is selling CT Steelsilk on the EC forums for 14k for a full visible set. I paid about 12k for someone to craft my Paladin's Prexus Steelsilk. Was still worth every penny. The stats were respectable and I would get endless compliments.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:15 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2400 isn't realistic. Someone is selling CT Steelsilk on the EC forums for 14k for a full visible set. I paid about 12k for someone to craft my Paladin's Prexus Steelsilk. Was still worth every penny. The stats were respectable and I would get endless compliments.
Ah. Maybe 2400 was for the BP alone. Way out of my budget currently, so I’ll stick to Crusty and Sentient until this character is more substantially leveled.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:21 PM
Banned

Don't forget to head back to the Warren's before you get too old to get your Helm of Ridossan!!

https://wiki.project1999.com/Helm_of_Ridossan
Old 09-25-2018, 05:25 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget to head back to the Warren's before you get too old to get your Helm of Ridossan!!

https://wiki.project1999.com/Helm_of_Ridossan
Holy shit, thanks for this! And I need to get the Etched Chitin Shield, too!
Old 09-26-2018, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

My pally has a Phase Spider Carapace which has the “scale” graphic similar to the Steelsilk. It’s dark grey but decent stats. I got a pair of non-diety Steelsilk leggings and they are a shade lighter but also grey. At least on a male toon.

It’s pretty good flow and doesn’t tank your AC compared to going with a full set of cultural. Can mix in BE or Crystal chitin stuff. That said...a full set is downright stunning so I’d never fault you for that.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:31 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My pally has a Phase Spider Carapace which has the “scale” graphic similar to the Steelsilk. It’s dark grey but decent stats. I got a pair of non-diety Steelsilk leggings and they are a shade lighter but also grey. At least on a male toon.

It’s pretty good flow and doesn’t tank your AC compared to going with a full set of cultural. Can mix in BE or Crystal chitin stuff. That said...a full set is downright stunning so I’d never fault you for that.
So many things to choose from! But never enough plats. Maybe I’ll pick up smithing myself :P
Old 09-26-2018, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly I wouldn't even roll a knight without being able to twink them well. But if you insist on playing one on a low budget, then you're probably best off with a full set of crusty.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Honestly I wouldn't even roll a knight without being able to twink them well. But if you insist on playing one on a low budget, then you're probably best off with a full set of crusty.
nothing says classic like spending dozens of hours soloing the Warrens from 1-25

*kobold noise*
Closed Thread