Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 12:52 AM
Sarnak

I was banned for over 2 months for a name violation petition that was apparently forgotten about. I had no idea what the ban was for until it was over and they said oops sorry forgot about this, please delete character that violates name policy. Once you are banned you are put in the undesirable bin and are low priority. The only reason I got unbanned so fast was having connections to people who had direct lines to Sirken. Otherwise I’d probably still be banned.

Just don’t ever piss anyone off who could ever petition you.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so what's the name ?
Yes, what's the name? At least tell us that much so we know what type of name to avoid when naming our alts.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 01-24-2019, 01:11 AM
Orc

A name in all lowercase, it will be changed and that should be the end of the ban. It was not an offensive name or anything like that.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A name in all lowercase, it will be changed and that should be the end of the ban. It was not an offensive name or anything like that.
I've seen a bunch of these lately after everyone saw that youtube video, people getting bans for it?
Old 01-24-2019, 01:35 AM
Orc

Well I did at least.

If I would guess, there are no guides playing on euro times, hence they could not contact me in game, so they simply banned instead.

But yeah, dont do that!
Old 01-24-2019, 03:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So no upper case to start the name ? Did u start with a L or something like that ?
Ie : llilllililliilll. Or did they think you hacked shit cos of a bug ?
Old 01-24-2019, 03:04 AM
Orc

Nah, it was a perfectly normal name (which I am allowed to keep, as long as I use a capitalized first letter)
Old 01-24-2019, 04:05 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree here. That's not the price you pay for being on a free-to-play server. Ridiculous.

If they're going to suspend you, why not send you a tell 2 minutes before you're disconnected explaining the reason? Why make people create forum posts just to discover the reason for their suspension?

It would save them a TON of time answering forum posts / petitions - and it would save the players being suspended a ton of animosity - if they'd just send a brief explanation via tell.
Well its their server they can do whatever they want. If they just want to ban your account, strip your toons, name you Sissyboysixtynine, for no reason at all, they can do it. That's what I meant its the price you pay.

In the end I think the service provided here is a billion times better than what GMs do on live where its basically the far west.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:56 AM
Fire Giant

I was temp banned because someone from a known RMT ip" used my account. They just had me change my password and I was good to go. Looking at my gear it's pretty obvious I don't RMT lol
Old 01-24-2019, 10:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen a bunch of these lately after everyone saw that youtube video, people getting bans for it?
Ive had lowercase named toons for years and never once had an issue from staff. Someone must have cried about it.
From what I hear its built into the client and cant really be patched out.
Im not sure why this would upset them so much they would need to pull you from gen pop till you got a new big letter in your name.

Was your name offensive or suggestive in anyway?
Closed Thread