Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Man, thought you drew all those buildings and stuff! I'm sure there's plenty of graphic artists around here to assist.

And when I said 'Stock map!' my damn phone auto corrected, meant to say Sick map!

Edit: You can probably take a screen capture of spires at the angle you want them and shrink accordingly. Can probably run through some photoshop filters or mess with color to get the look you want.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: You can probably take a screen capture of spires at the angle you want them and shrink accordingly. Can probably run through some photoshop filters or mess with color to get the look you want.
That's a great idea
Old 01-22-2019, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

I loved your updated Kunark map, but this one is not as accurate. Steamfont and Butcherblock are both more twisty than depicted here and there is a clear divide between Greater/Lesser Faydark, whereas here they just seem like part of the same thing. Personally I look at the original maps as more of how the game world *should* be anyway, for example Greater and Lesser Faydark in-game should have their positions swapped.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:17 AM
Fire Giant

Loving these maps man keep it up
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 01-23-2019, 01:31 AM
Fire Giant

This shit immerses me so much
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 01-25-2019, 05:18 AM
Kobold

Fun story! A journey to Odus next? Warrens, maybe? Sent to assassinate the tad that if allowed to mature would be like the Gojira of Frogloks?

The map is really well thought out and seems more accurate than the originals (Sorry Brad & Co.) but I feel like Unrest should be smaller in size, especially in comparison to Crushbone. The footprint of Unrest is approx. 300x600 while Crushbone is around 1200x800.

I gotta give credit for actually having Crushbone on the map, though. Since it wasn't represented on the original. Unless the city by Wayunder lake was supposed to be CB. But it could be Mistmoore, or a city that never came into existence, since the lake didn't.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:45 AM
Planar Protector

/clap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanech [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless the city by Wayunder lake was supposed to be CB. But it could be Mistmoore, or a city that never came into existence, since the lake didn't.
Hmm, Wayunder Lake. Wonder what kind of monster would have lurked beneath its surface.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 01-25-2019 at 07:53 AM..
Old 01-25-2019, 09:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/clap

Hmm, Wayunder Lake. Wonder what kind of monster would have lurked beneath its surface.
The water Dragon for the druid epic would have been perfect. It's got Fay in its freakin' name ffs.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanech [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The water Dragon for the druid epic would have been perfect. It's got Fay in its freakin' name ffs.
Ok

replace the one in TD with a black water dragon the same size as Gorenaire.

Edit: Correction. A version like Harla Dar that can fly around the islands out there (no flying dragons?)
Last edited by Mblake1981; 01-25-2019 at 10:42 AM..
Old 01-25-2019, 10:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok

replace the one in TD with a black water dragon the same size as Gorenaire.
Or a prismatic water Dragon (in name) that can drop any of the various coloured scales needed for the other epics. Maybe an ultra rare drop that is melee class only that grants access to Miragul's highway.