Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Default At what level can one start to take on Freeport Militia Guards for experience?

I'm kind of fed up with Crystal Caverns at this point because, much like High Keep, the entire zone is overcamped to the point where I'm never able to get anything other than Stalag Terrors to fight. Geodes are practically on 24/7 lockdown, Orcs are no longer feasible for experience, and Spiders are very risky because of adds.

I'm game to go get myself a bow/Tolan's now and either hunt Frost Giants or take a crack at Freeport Guards, since my Freeport Militia faction is shot anyway (and they're evil, so I don't want good faction with them regardless). Are Freeport Guards soloable for a 45 Ranger, or should I look elsewhere.

Is 45 enough to solo anything that drops Thurgadin armor pieces in Kael?
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 06-24-2019 at 07:56 PM..
Old 06-24-2019, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Technically the giants at WL exit -can- drop armor pieces (extremely rarely). If you are a twinkd 45 you could probably solo it but otherwise no.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Technically the giants at WL exit -can- drop armor pieces (extremely rarely). If you are a twinkd 45 you could probably solo it but otherwise no.
My gear:

Lamentation x2
Orc Fang Earring x2
65HP Ring x2
SCHW
Brigandine Tunic
Dwarven Work Boots
Crested Helmet
Dire Wolf-Hide Cloak
Hero's Bracer
Vambraces of Avoidance
Chipped Velium Amulet
Kylong Wrist Guards
Black Ice Leggings
Brawlers Belt
Sarnak Hide Mask
Banded Mantle

And I'm shopping for a Light Velium Bow, Fleeting Quiver and Tolan's Bracer now 6,000PP should be enough for all of this.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My gear:

Banded Mantle

And I'm shopping for a Light Velium Bow, Fleeting Quiver and Tolan's Bracer now 6,000PP should be enough for all of this.
Might as well get a Bloodstained Mantel for like 50p also
Old 06-24-2019, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might as well get a Bloodstained Mantel for like 50p also
Was shopping for either that or a Sebilite Scale Mantle, but nobody was selling one in the three days I was shopping for other gear in EC. =/
Old 06-26-2019, 08:10 AM
Planar Protector

I think you'd be fine soloing them, but not sure how efficient it would be as a Ranger with no Fungi. There are a couple major undercons you would want to avoid. You'll be better off fear kiting for solo exp, you can probably eek out another level or two in Overthere before fear kiting in Eastern Wastes.

Honestly at 45 you've hit the rock bottom of the Ranger power curve. Your skills haven't gone up in 5 levels and won't start rising again until 51. I would suggest grouping. At 45 you'll be an amazo puller in City of Mist and then Kurn's.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

Loadsamoney doesn't seem to be into fear kiting or grouping.

With that aside, 45-55 grouping in CoM and then KC are such fun for a ranger. Especially KC. If you don't ranger in KC you are missing out on one of the best parts of playing the class.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loadsamoney doesn't seem to be into fear kiting or grouping.

With that aside, 45-55 grouping in CoM and then KC are such fun for a ranger. Especially KC. If you don't ranger in KC you are missing out on one of the best parts of playing the class.
I'm fine with grouping, and I'm going to start bowrotting soon. I'm just not into kiting in general. That includes charmkiting and swarmkiting.

I know CC Geodes and Terrors can get me to 49, possibly even 51, it's just annoying to see the zone overcamped at times, much like High Keep. The idea after CC was to grind Geodes in WL with a group until 60.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:32 PM
Fire Giant

Fear kite raptors in WL and do your Ice Forged Shackles quest in the meantime. I think they’re still pretty solid exp st 45.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fear kite raptors in WL and do your Ice Forged Shackles quest in the meantime. I think they’re still pretty solid exp st 45.
Are WL Geodes not an option for soloing or grouping?
Closed Thread