Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 07:29 AM
Kobold

I'm grinding out levels 57 and 58 on two mobs that are always the same level. Using epic/SoS because I'm a scrub. I probably contribute a parse several hundred fights after a while. What would a comparable 2H be? Don't say TStaff due to aforementioned scrub status.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:44 AM
Planar Protector

I had fun hanging out with Chillwin! However I kind of sucked that fight as I a) died b) used primal fists for 10% of it. It's also worth noting that I don't have any AoB items and our bard failed to proc his epic for us. Which is why from a scientific standpoint there is really no need to be empirical when the answer is so easy to calculate:
  • Abashi's: (40*2 + 29) / 30 = 3.63
  • Fist of Nature + Fist of Lightning: (15*2 + 11 + 15*2*0.78) / 18 = 3.57
So Abashi's should do a bit more melee damage on average, especially against high AC targets as it now has a higher damage bonus than 1H, while the Fist of Nature will compensate with the procs. My sperglord calculator suggests:

DI = 2.5 average (spore king area w/avatar):
FoN/FoL: 103
Gharn's/FoL: 100
Abashi's: 98

DI=1.8 (KT w/avatar, 100% MR)
Abashi's: 76
Gharn's/FoL: 76
FoN/FoL: 74
Old 09-11-2019, 10:24 AM
Sarnak

Well Raev, while I don’t find any fault in the calculations, the reason we need the parses is because the implementation details are hidden to us, especially how AC works in p99.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right. People just tend to have negativity bias.

The less data you have, the more it will swing (sorry, bad pun) one way or the other.

You need a really large data set to show people that hits and misses wind up being the same.

This whole dual wield vs. 2HB thing is tough to look at without a vacuum to test in.
My stupid lizard brain thinks: "well isn't each fight a small data set, so therefore the 1hblunt misses would be less impactful than the 2h blunt ones making it superior for each, of many, of these small data sets?"

Can someone explain to me why this is wrong?
Old 09-11-2019, 08:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydoc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm grinding out levels 57 and 58 on two mobs that are always the same level. Using epic/SoS because I'm a scrub. I probably contribute a parse several hundred fights after a while. What would a comparable 2H be? Don't say TStaff due to aforementioned scrub status.
Imbued Fighter's Staff
Old 09-13-2019, 02:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydoc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Peacebringer 28/30 no proc
Old 09-13-2019, 03:16 AM
Aviak

I'm pretty sure there are a few low level mobs that have insane hp and hp Regen .

I.e. the paineel newbie area guards. someone should use them (if they work) or a similar kind of mob to parse data where you need one mob you can just whack away on to gather data.

they probably aren't high ac mobs, but it will give you a chance to settle this under at least one controlled, sustained condition
Last edited by TomisFeline; 09-13-2019 at 03:16 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-13-2019, 08:04 AM
Aviak

Sentry Enots in Skyshrine at WL zone is also good test subject (Wiki says 18k HP) for lowlevel mob tests.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Bards can be tanks if you get tired of killing bear walruses
Closed Thread