Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 02:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're not good enough at Enchanter and mad other people are, and resorting to this... whew.
Actually, we're just trying to make the server more classic.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the info!

So if I understand correctly, the staff made the change to lifetap clickies, knowingly going against classic data for the sake of improving the game?

Just wanted to know if the whole fortress argument of "It is proven classic so it stays" even holds water. It really doesn't though if they've used their judgement in the past.
Once the item recharge bug was discovered, it was quickly fixed. One of the stupidest arguments ever is keeping it in for months or saying it's selectively classic. It should last for a week or two at the end of Velious if you want the "classic experience".
Old 11-19-2019, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, we're just trying to make the server more classic.
Go read about the history of AOW being killed for the first time with charmed mobs. Charm itself wasn't even changed as a result.

Frozen Jesus is frowning hard as hell right now at the whining.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, not in an "X is wrong" way, but in a "if you played on live and are honest, you KNOW something isn't right" way.
The logs that were posted from classic resemble p1999 as much as possible.

I wish people would get infractions for posting this kind of pseudo-feedback. It is disruptive and needlessly takes time from staff.

Nilbog isn't here to please your "feels".
Old 11-19-2019, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, Nilbog is here to re-create classic EverQuest. And anyone being honest who played back then knows Enchanters here are nothing like they were on live: Nilbog is failing in some sense at re-creating classic EverQuest (and in all fairness, the guy has succeeded at umpteen million other decisions, so this is in no way a personal attack, just a "he's human" point).

It's exactly the same thing with Bards AoEing every mob in The Overthere. Every step, every last decision that Nilbog made which enabled it was absolutely 100% classic and correct ... but a single Bard making it impossible for anyone to get XP in the zone absolutely was not classic.

Even though Nilbog knew he'd made every decision about Bards correctly, he still took a step back and saw that something wasn't right. And that must have been incredibly difficult for him: no one is good at seeing their own mistakes, and if it wasn't for the massive CSR problem the Bards created, I'm not sure he even would have.

But he did! He realized something was missing, and it wasn't any individual game mechanic that he'd gotten wrong: it was that he hadn't considered how significant an "X factor" (1999 latency) was in making an emulated EverQuest server feel like a real EverQuest server.

Once he did, he emulated better. Even though he literally added an unclassic mechanic, the server felt far more classic as a result. Other than Bards who want to XP faster, I don't think anyone can argue the server would be more classic with AoE monopolies in OT.

Similarly, I don't think anyone can honestly argue that P99 really feels like 1999 when NO ONE remembers Enchanter charming being so prevalent, and basic logic dictates that it couldn't have been purely player ignorance.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, Nilbog is here to re-create classic EverQuest.
Quote:
BUT I FEEL LIKE ENCHANTERS ARE WRONG WAAAAA
Old 11-19-2019, 03:19 PM
Banned

nothing classic about being in HHK and theres two charming enchanters in gob basement 2 charming enchanters clearing first floor guards a high level charm enchanter soloing second floor guards
another charming enchanter soloing nobles and yes even another charming enchanter and mage duo clearing third and fourth floor

shits getting stupid real quick
Last edited by Bazia; 11-19-2019 at 03:21 PM..
Old 11-19-2019, 03:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kul69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
>it's silly to argue the "classic" angle
>argues the classic angle three sentences later
Old 11-19-2019, 03:47 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
The logs that were posted from classic resemble p1999 as much as possible.

I wish people would get infractions for posting this kind of pseudo-feedback. It is disruptive and needlessly takes time from staff.

People don't agree with me, they should be silenced?

Noone is being disruptive in sharing their opinion that power charm centric EQ isn't classic and takes away from the classic EQ experience.

Taking away time from staff something something Nilbog? It's like you'd say anything to make people speaking honestly go away. The staff is great and we're lucky to have them! Doesn't make charmed state of game classic.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

I (still) can't lifetap raid bosses. Your classic arguments are invalid. Non-classic changes are made when the project admins deem it necessary. For folks who dislike current Enchanter power, continuing to visibly and loudy complain is the best way to eventually bring the admins around to such a change (ie, keep it up). As the recent experience with the pet window demonstrated, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Danth
Closed Thread