Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

And here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog
I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...0&postcount=27
Old 11-18-2019, 09:34 PM
Sarnak

This has been beaten absolutely to death. All the points have been made. Nilbog is putting in a fix for the broken recipes next patch. Let's just move on shall we?
Old 11-18-2019, 10:10 PM
Sarnak

Little chance of that with more mages hitting 34+ everyday. It’s new info to many still. People still ask me if i have my 44 pet...
Old 11-19-2019, 02:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Little chance of that with more mages hitting 34+ everyday. It’s new info to many still. People still ask me if i have my 44 pet...
the amount of mages msging me i had to turn anon on, thats why i see this shit storm coming.

Personally i know nilbog, and i thank god for him everyday for giving my life purpose. But that that doesn't mean i can't disagree on something. Gotta respect the hell outa someone like nilberg but you can absolutely still love him and hate him at the same time HAHA.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:26 AM
Planar Protector

This is actually my fault, more than Nilbog's really, since I forgot that mage pet research requires the previous circle's spells and that some mage research recipes don't exist.

I wouldn't have recommended the vendor changes, accurate though they are, if I knew they'd break the class spell progression.

Although it is classic...
Last edited by Dolalin; 11-19-2019 at 03:29 AM..
Old 11-19-2019, 02:20 PM
Kobold

The more "this is stupid even if it is classic" stuff we change, the more we start eroding away the very thing that p99 worked hard to re-create.

There's many things to complain about on release...

It sucks for big races to have no shrink, relying on camping guise.

It sucks for chanters who don't have clarity.

These "challenges" are what make starting a character "on release" something that people remember -- because they'll appreciate when the things "get fixed".

Just my 2cp
Old 11-19-2019, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The more "this is stupid even if it is classic" stuff we change, the more we start eroding away the very thing that p99 worked hard to re-create.

There's many things to complain about on release...

It sucks for big races to have no shrink, relying on camping guise.

It sucks for chanters who don't have clarity.

These "challenges" are what make starting a character "on release" something that people remember -- because they'll appreciate when the things "get fixed".

Just my 2cp
Yes, although the progression of 20 years old veterans dosent follow the same timeline as «*during*» classic. We will know better for the next reboot.

Now everyone never forget that: it happened at release or it happened during «*x*» period dosen’t mean it IS classic.

This guy said it well, to classify everything as «*classic*» actually brings us farter than the «*classic*» experience mentionned in the great video on front page.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is actually my fault, more than Nilbog's really, since I forgot that mage pet research requires the previous circle's spells and that some mage research recipes don't exist.

I wouldn't have recommended the vendor changes, accurate though they are, if I knew they'd break the class spell progression.

Although it is classic...
This is why one-sided input such as the one you have delivered in this regard should be flat out ignored.

People get salty, find some kind of evidence to support their case, and will ignore everything and anything else, even if breaking the progression of a class.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:11 PM
Aviak

"Well isn't that too bad Mages don't get their 39+ pets, oh well it's classic!" - Every Enchanter charming their way 50 and farming items solo using broken p99 charm
Old 11-19-2019, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferahgo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Well isn't that too bad Mages don't get their 39+ pets, oh well it's classic!" - Every Enchanter charming their way 50 and farming items solo using broken p99 charm
i rerolled from mage to ench

guess its time to start a necro
Closed Thread