Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

Default Fletching on Green.

I have a few questions. I know with a lot of other skills, the higher it is the more quickly skill ups tend to come. I know the mats get a lot more expensive, will I be seeing this same slow skill growth rate?

Also, I read a post saying to only use a low level arrow, the one with max range and no damage bonus as a ranger. Would this be ok to do and then just sell back the more expensive arrows I make to skill up?

What is the deal with quivers? I read that weight reduction listed equals bow haste, but then I also heard that it is bugged on P99.

Lastly, as a ranger is fletching to high level even worth doing or am I better off going with low grade arrows and just buying higher level bows from dedicated fletchers?

Thank you much!
Old 11-21-2019, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

Default Fletching

1. Not sure if skillups come faster with higher skill. Never seemed that way to me. Increasing wisdom made it go up faster.
2. I use class one arrows for bow kiting and normal use. The small dmg increase doesn't justify the cost. Range increase is nice if you want but not really that big of a deal unless you are competing for ftes. Sell back you expensive arrows to offset cost when skilling up fletching.
3.Quivers don't give bow haste till later patche. Not worth having one at this point in time.
4. Trueshot makes it worth it, then you can do raincaller later on. Of course you could just buy one if you dont want to. But the cost to make them is so small. You could potentially make some money off selling them to other rangers.
Hope this helped.
Old 11-21-2019, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

I leveled up my fletching to 200+ on Blue so I could make and gift Trueshot Longbows and sell Rain Callers reliably. I don't know if skill ups for fletching work the same way between Blue and Green/Teal...

I did not notice the frequency of skill-ups increasing as my skill increased. I could go through several stacks of fletching materials before seeing an increase, especially towards the 180-200 skill range.

I sold back all of the arrows I fletched to save as much money as possible while working on fletching.

For personal use, I just fletched the cheapest 150 range arrow. I primarily used them for pulling/tagging. Bow kiting is not very efficient, and would get very expensive without using the cheapest arrows. There may be a use for the higher damage magic arrows at Velious endgame with Trueshot discipline, full item/quiver/spell haste, and an endgame bow but you can worry about that later and at that point the cost of raising fletching skill won't be an issue for you.

The weight reducing quivers having archery haste isn't a thing until much later, but when Fleeting Quivers become craftable, make sure you pick one up.

If you only care about making arrows, just skill up to the point where the cheapest 150 range arrows are trivial. Buy a long range bow from someone... Runed Oak Bow or Trueshot Longbow is probably a good goal until you can pick up a Rain Caller.

If you want to make your own Trueshot (and eventually Rain Caller), it's worth leveling fletching up to about 150ish if you don't mind stockpiling enough quest components for a few attempts, and from there on out just craft the cheapest 150 range arrows for use.

If you want to make and sell Trueshots/Rain Callers, then you will need to get to 200.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 11-21-2019, 12:26 PM
Kobold

^This guy rangers
Old 11-21-2019, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

Wow thanks guys all the information I could have wanted!
Old 11-21-2019, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Any estimates on cost to get 150? 200?

I leveled it up back in the day, but had F*** you money so I never paid attention to cost.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any estimates on cost to get 150? 200?

I leveled it up back in the day, but had F*** you money so I never paid attention to cost.
Yeah, I didn't keep track either unfortunately.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 11-21-2019, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke68 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a few questions. I know with a lot of other skills, the higher it is the more quickly skill ups tend to come. I know the mats get a lot more expensive, will I be seeing this same slow skill growth rate?
Skillups come more often at higher skill...only in the first 30 or so points. The first 15ish points do come very slowly (or you can just dump up to 21 points at your trainer). After that, it goes very quickly for a while; but from 30ish on, it gradually slows down. Low hundreds to 200 are a slow and grueling journey. Be glad you’re doing fletching, one of the cheapest tradeskills to raise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke68 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, I read a post saying to only use a low level arrow, the one with max range and no damage bonus as a ranger. Would this be ok to do and then just sell back the more expensive arrows I make to skill up?
Totally. The most expensive arrows aren’t that much better. Range is the best thing about arrows. Their damage bonus is negligible. Bow-kiting is possible but tedious; if you wish to use this tactic anyway (perhaps for some tough outdoor named mob you want to kil a few times but not dozens of times), then perhaps high-damage arrows would be worth it.

Quote:
What is the deal with quivers? I read that weight reduction listed equals bow haste, but then I also heard that it is bugged on P99.
It was bugged, but it was fixed. Quiver haste is 1/3 the weight reduction of the quiver. Quiver haste goes in during Velious. So currently on Green, there’s no point in using a quiver. Arrows are light.
Closed Thread