Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 10:10 PM
Decaying Skeleton

No dude. You said "CC' I said "Gnolls" you said "the names of the named gnolls, like I know their names by heart" and later, when I realized you jumped our camp and called you out, in the discussion that ensued... I said "oh yeah when I said "gnolls" I meant the green ones on the low deck... sarcastically, b/c noone is dumb enough to say "gnolls" and mean... "yaknow the green ones... just for scalps, why xp with a group?"
Old 11-21-2019, 10:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Had I realized your intention was to come try and camp the named from under us we'd have sat "directly on top of the spawn" or whatever technicality you're using to be a rude-guy.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:17 PM
Kobold

If you are camping the PGT mob you don't have to sit on its spawn point, same with any named in any dungeon. You should have told him you were camping it though, if that was your intent, assuming you were aware of his presence killing mobs in the vicinity.

If he just snuck in and sniped it while your group was prepping to kill it, having been killing the placeholders, then he shouldn't have done that.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geroth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely not crying and definitely not mad
Got it.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Okay so here's the story.... group camped at gnolls... pulling to the bottom of the ramp area... b/c we had evils and don't want to sit directly on top of respawns 10 ft. from a guard...

The Druid guy this thread is named after ooc'd "CC?"

I said "gnolls"

He said "im going to camp 'nameofgnoll' and 'nameofgnoll'

I didn't say anything b/c I didn't know what he was talking about, and if I just said "gnolls" he knows we're camping... the gnolls. I also don't memorize the names of specific gnolls.

I'd been camping gnolls with various people for like 5 hours by now with numerous people taking home PGT's and shields, and I had a copy of both from the previous day. Just there to xp and get the drops for new people cycling in and out of the group. Long established camp needless to say.

So he invis'd past us and sat in the back where the PH and named roamer actually spawns into the world. when I called him out he brought up this technicality and played dumb thinking I actually meant the lower green con gnolls when I responded to his CC, hense the sarcasm.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:40 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Ya the point of me making this thread is that he knew he was being rude and tried to fake like he just innocently came in and took the camp, using a sarcastic response as an excuse, walking straight thru a group obviously camping a named.

Seen it happen tons, not fooling anyone by playing like you didn't know the named was taken. If this was a high value target it would be a big serverwide story of him being a prick.

Some people play eq like it is a single player game, demkites even said he can just solo the rest of the game doesn't need others lol
Old 11-22-2019, 08:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geroth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Some people play eq like it is a single player game, demkites even said he can just solo the rest of the game doesn't need others lol
Role playing an incel in game. Thats pretty meta.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:59 AM
Sarnak

How can you be sure he was roleplaying?

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 11-22-2019, 09:18 AM
Banned

Who had FTE?
Old 11-22-2019, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay so here's the story.... group camped at gnolls... pulling to the bottom of the ramp area... b/c we had evils and don't want to sit directly on top of respawns 10 ft. from a guard...

The Druid guy this thread is named after ooc'd "CC?"

I said "gnolls"

He said "im going to camp 'nameofgnoll' and 'nameofgnoll'

I didn't say anything b/c I didn't know what he was talking about, and if I just said "gnolls" he knows we're camping... the gnolls. I also don't memorize the names of specific gnolls.
Ignorance is never an excuse.
Closed Thread