Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 01:43 PM
Kobold

From my vague memory I do not recall manastone or j boots being a highly sought item until AFTER they removed the drops and changed j boots to quest.

These items dropped so frequently they were considered common items that took only a kill or two to see a drop from starting camp.

It wasn't until after they stopped dropping that people started coveting them.

In the beginning they were such common drops no one had the mind set of "oh, I HAVE to get that item NOW before it disappears."

I remember full 6 member groups getting jboots for everyone in one evening session.

Quite similar to how frequently dire wolf hide cloak drops off the guy in kael (coffee/memory fail).
Old 11-21-2019, 05:29 PM
Kobold

Regardless of if their highly sought after or not, they're a fun item, that shouldn't be an ultra rare drop. there is no negative impact if more people have them, the server is more fun if they're at the normal drop rate.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

I recall warning people about low drop rates on the legacy items back in August/September and I was largely brushed off. Maybe us folks who were around in 2009 know a thing or two, eh?

Danth
Old 11-21-2019, 07:29 PM
Kobold

If they have a reason behind lowering the drop rates I'd love to hear it, I'm just saying it's not really classic to have to camp the jboots for this long a group could typically fill up in a night of fun gaming ...

Hell I'm even ok with the afk checks and everything else I just think the drop rate should be normal.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:34 PM
Orc

Default No surprise...

Looks like all items that were placed on /list all had drop rates nerfed into the ground for personal admin/GM/server host reasons rather than adhering to classic drop rates. This is likely to try and induce the “rarity” belief rather than the realistic understanding...

Yes these items may have been viewed for some time during classic eras as “rare” but not due to actual drop rates but rather due to lack of the player/overall community knowledge.

So it looks like the server hosts would rather make a false look alike game rather than uphold the real drop rates and mechanisms of the drop as they were in classic. Very simple.

The unfortunate truth here is that ALL items will be more prevalent than classic because of the wide prevalence of knowledge about the game. So by the admins skewing the 4 list item drop rates was and remains stupid practice and was unrealistic to have done in the first place.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger_King [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The unfortunate truth here is that ALL items will be more prevalent than classic because of the wide prevalence of knowledge about the game. So by the admins skewing the 4 list item drop rates was and remains stupid practice and was unrealistic to have done in the first place.
I don't think insulting the devs is cool. They do this for nothing. Show some gratitude.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:45 AM
Orc

I’m not trying to be insulting. I’m trying to show the bias that has been put into place on purpose here. Seeing as how there are many testimonies alleging significantly higher drop rates along with proof drop rates became nerfed much later on for items (i.e manastone) in actual patch notes recovered. what was done here was purposeful and unrealistic and is now causing people potential health hazards.

We can decry the problem over and over all we want but until something is done to at least show some basic concern towards the community’s realistic understanding (the drop rates were significantly higher in the past and list systems are being severely abused by account sharing) vs reality (people might actually die trying to solo camp these items) is a major thing that should be addressed PERIOD.

Literally who in the community would care if manastone Value held at 800k plat anymore if someone died in the process of keeping its price tag artificially high in a fantasy game?
Old 11-22-2019, 02:48 AM
Sarnak

probably lots of people here because of p99 player brain problems
Old 11-22-2019, 02:54 AM
Planar Protector

Post the patch notes in the bug section. There's devs who respond there daily

None of these "not classic" mega threads in the green/teal section have been going anywhere. It doesn't matter how many bold words you use or how long your essay is. A few supporting links and a sentence or two are all you need to see changes happen
Old 11-22-2019, 03:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger_King [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not trying to be insulting. I’m trying to show the bias that has been put into place on purpose here. Seeing as how there are many testimonies alleging significantly higher drop rates along with proof drop rates became nerfed much later on for items (i.e manastone) in actual patch notes recovered. what was done here was purposeful and unrealistic and is now causing people potential health hazards.
The smarter players figured out long ago that Green was intentionally flawed out of the gate with selectively keeping things that were classic if it was against players and changing the things that would have been a positive. Fish rolls, fletching, necro / enchanter pet weapon speeds, etc. That's on top of the crap ambient lighting wrecking the game for raiding or just general visual appearance.

Accept what the game is or walk. Feedback isn't being accepted by the staff.
Closed Thread