Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 02:05 PM
Banned

I absolutely think they should remove it. The devs have stated and demonstrated they are willing to make changes that are classic "in spirit" (the dynamic lighting system on green for instance) to make the overall experience feel more like 1999 even if it's not technically classic. I played from launch in march 1999 until right before planes of power came out and literally never heard of item recharging until I joined a raiding guild on P99 like 15 years later. The good reasons to nerf it far, far outweigh the reasons to leave it in imo.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:00 PM
Kobold

Removing recharging seems like it'd offer more than it cripples. You take food out of the mouth of powergamers that harness these mechanics, especially those that have already invested time to obtain these things with this purpose, but outside of the WC port caps and puppet strings, you don't lose very much.

Maybe the biggest implication for raid targets is the midnight mallet aggro pull guaranteed recharge for 700p, but that's like 5 Ruby turn ins, anyway.

Outside of crippling the powergamers toolkit, the effect removing recharging will have will only be good. It'll stimulate the burgeoning economy for the countless porting druids and alchemist shamans here. And really, the fact that there's precedent on red really means there's no excuse to leave it in besides pandering.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

With recharging in, these items aren't permacamped by the powergamers.

If recharging is removed, they will simply be permacamped by powergamers. Us casuals won't have a chance.
Last edited by Castle2.0; 11-21-2019 at 07:56 PM..
Old 11-21-2019, 08:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With recharging in, these items aren't permacamped by the powergamers.

If recharging is removed, they will simply be permacamped by powergamers. Us casuals won't have a chance.
This is all speculation. Being able to recharge items like the wands is what makes some of them viable. Otherwise if you have to camp for hours to get a few more, you otherwise would have been more productive actually working on what you were intending to do with them such as group up for the xp/money/loot which is a major argument for removing recharging: It can lead to a healthier, more classic environment.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Sure, some items that aren't that important like wands will become irrelevant and no one will camp them. DA totems, and other important clickies to raiders will be permacamped.

Do we really want to remove more content from the game, and cause the content that is left to be permacamped by powergamers? From what we've seen so far, this is the last thing Green/Teal needs.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:18 PM
Sarnak

Or they will be more in demand which means more opportunity for casual/low level players to camp low level stuff for money. It will also make Alchemy more in demand too.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:41 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah the damage recharging does to Alchemy, and Tinkering for that matter, is reason enough.

Threats by powergamers to "perma camp" items does not move me. Its the powergamers that will be afraid of OTHER powergamers perma camping the items and making these items actually *gasp* rare and bestowing rare advantages to "some" power gamers, instead of ALL of them like now with EverClone.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why argue w Tecmos? The guy will callously defend anything representing his personal interess.
Lol.

I'm not playing a chanter on green and never intend to. Noman is in the process to drowning himself down to level 50 on blue so that I can test charm on there at 50 with classic playstyle and UI and will never be used for anything but fucking around (quite likely I'll delevel him to 12 so I can make videos of the early stages of charming that I didn't do the first time around).

I've never owned any of the really powerful clickies (strings, bladestopper, etc), and I bet that in 6 years of playing chanters a shitload on blue and red I only ever used the a few wands of allure, half a dozen reapers, several root nets, a handful of assorted shaman pots (disease and poison cure, greater rejuv, a few worts), and a bunch of WC caps. But the prices on those things wouldn't have stopped me from using them just as often without recharging as a mechanic anyway.

Just admit that you have no good argument of your own, or counters to my points. You look like an idiot trying to save face with a bias accusation when it just blows right up in said face.
Closed Thread