Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-26-2019, 10:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Consistent Green crashes

Hi, I love Green and the idea of a new server, but I am consistently crashing on green.

List of ways I have crashed:
-- zoning in general is causing crashes. This happens much more often after I have been logged in for 20 mins to an hour.
If I am fresh into the game, zone crashing is much less likely.

-- being in any outdoor zone I am suspectible to crashing. I suspect due to new dynamic lighting. For reference, I am playing a character who who does not have infravision.
Note: being in blackburrow, I did not have a crash at all for a 3-4 hour session.

-- casting invisibility on self, on a few occasions.
-- I get to the character select screen and I choose a character, but thereafter, nothing happens and I am stuck in an unresponsive mode.

-- consistently crashing in Qeynos Hils every 20-30 mins where I get a soft LD, where I can no longer interact with others in the game, but I can see players moving around, read new messages, and complete certain actions like camping. I cannot cast or interact in any way really.

What I have done to try to fix issues:

-- Reinstalled titanium in a completely new directory.
-- Patched up to latest MS windows service packs/updates. Ran check for corrupted files.
-- rebooted.

-- renamed old eqclient.ini file, so the game would recreate its own eqclient.ini and went forward with that incase any previously used eqclient.ini settings are crashing me.
-- ran some disk checks to make sure I have no corrupted files on hard drive in general.
-- closed f.lux program incase that is causing crashes on the lighting.
-- turned anti virus software off.
-- turned windows firewall off (also put in eqgame.exe in as an exception when firewwall is on).

I am out of ideas. I can login and play, but with random LD issues, it's unplayable. I've already fallen off boats and gotten killed by multiple mobs due to LD.
I think I will try choosing a night vision race and see if that improves things.

Also: On a Windows 7 PC and never had any issue playing on blue for years.
I consider myself pretty tech savy and know my way around PCs.
--
Kenshi
Last edited by Kenshi235; 10-26-2019 at 10:46 PM..
Old 10-26-2019, 11:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Update: I have no problem running around with a Dark Elf in Neriak / Nek.

However, I sent my character from Qeynos Hills to WK in hopes of avoiding issues, but now I am perma-unable to login. My best guess is the lighting issues in Qeynos Hills are exactly the same in WK, except on a larger scale due to the sheer size of the zone.

I've tried logging in over 10x. I am done trying. I got a GM to move me back to Qeynos Hills.
Am reinstalling Titanium with a new set of Titanium files [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Kenshi235; 10-26-2019 at 11:34 PM..
Old 10-28-2019, 07:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

As an update, I still get disconnected every 20 mins to hour with the soft LD.
I have fixed the dynamic lighting issue by buying DeadEye (nightvision) and casting it on myself permanently....

would appreciate any constructive feedback.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:02 PM
Aviak

I am having similar issues. I have played the last 10 or so versions on Blue and have never had this issue. I play in windowed mode and I notice it most often when I'm doing other work. When I click back into the EQ window, it says (not responding) and I have to kill the process. I never had any issues with my setup until this latest client.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:49 AM
Skeleton

I am experiencing the same issues with the soft LD (can no longer use my abilities).
Old 10-30-2019, 03:04 AM
Sarnak

I was having crashes after camping, solved by setting the Windows shortcut Compatibility mode to "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)", might give that a try

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Old 10-30-2019, 03:14 AM
Skeleton

That helped with the crashing while zoning or camping.

I still have the issue (You can't use that command right now...) in Neriak / Nektulos Forest. I am able to play in East Commonlands without issue.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Update: I am still getting the soft LD / disconnect every 20 mins / unable to login issues.

To summarize, I have:
-- Reinstalled titanium in a completely new directory multiple times
-- Patched up to latest MS windows service packs/updates. Ran check for corrupted files.
-- renamed eqclient.ini file, edited the eqclient.ini file in many ways and forms.
-- ran some disk checks to make sure I have no corrupted files on hard drive in general.
-- closed f.lux program
-- turned anti virus software off
-- turned windows firewall off
-- turned on/off dynamic lighting and other settings in the eq login screen.
-- turned on compatibility mode for "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)"
-- ran "start eqgame patchme" batch file, from the an administrator privileged, command prompt.
-- Made a point to keep EQ as the "active window" at all times, when playing green.
-- On the rare occasion I get in, I cast DeadEye (see invis), to avoid night time blindness incase that is affecting these drops.
-- For further reference, I have played on blue for several years, with the same PC, with no issues.

I have never done this much debugging on a game I play for fun, and still running into issues.
Unfortuntately, this game is bugged beyond belief for me, for whatever reason, even though most people are able to play.

I am going to play a different game. Maybe I'll come back when green is fixed.
Last edited by Kenshi235; 11-01-2019 at 07:41 PM..
Old 11-01-2019, 08:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

UIError.txt file continually providing the following error when attempting to login:

Error: Could not find child in window TargetWindow

also renewed my ipconfig
Old 11-01-2019, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshi235 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
UIError.txt file continually providing the following error when attempting to login:

Error: Could not find child in window TargetWindow

also renewed my ipconfig
It couldn't find a file it needs to take the next step. Not sure what happened, but you should reinstall Titanium.