Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 03:59 AM
Sarnak

Default Hitting a snag

Looking for advice on my 16 necro and 14 Druid. Really not sure what to do with them right now. Necro is supposed to be easy soloing, but I still feel like I’m always staring at the spell book. And it takes half my mana bar to kill anything. My Druid? I don’t even know where to start. Shitty heals. Not sure if I’m supposed to LFG as a healer or DPS. Tried charming things... it wasn’t very successful. What am I missing here ? Not sure where to hunt, solo or group... etc.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:07 AM
Aviak

Necro can group in Guk and druid can do a couple more levels in Unrest yard
Old 11-09-2019, 04:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looking for advice on my 16 necro and 14 Druid. Really not sure what to do with them right now. Necro is supposed to be easy soloing, but I still feel like I’m always staring at the spell book. And it takes half my mana bar to kill anything. My Druid? I don’t even know where to start. Shitty heals. Not sure if I’m supposed to LFG as a healer or DPS. Tried charming things... it wasn’t very successful. What am I missing here ? Not sure where to hunt, solo or group... etc.
I did 14-20 on blue on my druid charming caimens and crocs in oasis. It was my first blue character too, so I was in hobo gear there. Should be the same on green/teal. Necro shouldn't take so much mana. If mobs are hitting your pet hard, snare and fear once and let pet tank the rest after fear break.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:02 AM
Sarnak

People aren't twinked. Grouping is needed, I recommend Crushbone, WK, BB, uguk.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:09 AM
Fire Giant

Druid 14 is perfect time for East karana. I did 14 to 24 there. Only issue is its crowded with dozens of druids. You can actually solo white and yellow con's with a few methods. Or you can dive right into charming.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're not experienced with EQ, fighting evens and yellows in solo/duo is probably a bad idea. I'm guessing you're fighting those, or perhaps very high blue cons. Try to find blues that are almost green. Any resisted spells at all before like level 30 (for untwinked characters) are really hard to cope with because of how small your mana pool is and how limited your ability to med during a fight can be.

That duo should be lights out really. The druid can harmony to pull singles of anything you want in outdoor zones. Let the druid snare, then you cast your fire and magic dots and you guys won't have anything resisted. Fear stuff, let the beat beat on it while it slowly runs around being eaten by insect swarms and boiled from the inside out. You shouldn't be using heals because no one should be getting hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grouping is needed
No it's not. Just go play your game and let everyone else do the same.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-09-2019 at 09:36 AM..
Old 11-09-2019, 10:42 AM
Kobold

He's not playing them at the same time.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Heh. Well I definitely missed that. Half my advice still applies though! Fight low blues! Charm with druid, fear kite with necro (being careful to not let your pet outdamage you if possible).
Old 11-09-2019, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
My Druid? I don’t even know where to start. Shitty heals. Not sure if I’m supposed to LFG as a healer or DPS.
Druids will normally get groups either as a healer--typically when a group can't find a Cleric--or in a "swing role" where they'll do whatever job the group is otherwise lacking, ranging from damage to crowd control to helping on heals to pulling (in outdoor areas Druids make fine pullers). Once in a group look at what the group is weakest at then do that job. If they seem to have everything under control then you're damage until someone else leaves when you might have to switch roles. The mid/upper teens are a frustrating period for Druids as healers because they're proportionally rather weak during those levels.

Danth
Old 11-09-2019, 11:04 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Eventually you'll be able to quad kite with the druid!
Closed Thread