Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 11:04 AM
Aviak

Default Most fun lateral thinking or unusual XP methods

What are some of the fun things you've done (solo or duo preferably) that aren't the typical XP or farming experience? Anything that involved a bit of lateral thinking. Not necessarily exploits, just ways of interacting with the game mechanics that aren't so obvious.

Examples:
  • letting a runner go (on purpose) to have it pull the whole zone
  • fearing to avoid summons

I'm always curious what people come up with in this game.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

My friend Rimidal on TAKP once pulled an add on purpose and mezzed it to prevent a named from fleeing at low hp so he would have time to kill it without getting trained. I had never thought of using additional monsters to prevent flee.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My friend Rimidal on TAKP once pulled an add on purpose and mezzed it to prevent a named from fleeing at low hp so he would have time to kill it without getting trained. I had never thought of using additional monsters to prevent flee.
Nice, I had never thought of that either. :O
Old 07-30-2019, 12:34 PM
Sarnak

While duoing sirens in the easternmost siren temple in SG, there's 5 around the edges that can be single pulled easily. After they're killed though, there's one more that can be retrieved by a rogue in the southern turret; the rogue can sneak past the see invis servants, walk up the the turret, and push the siren out the window to get it on the ground floor to separate it enough from the stuff inside that it won't get a CHeal through the wall. Its a little finicky because of zaxis stuff being iffy at times, and if the server has it up in the turret when you drop down to chase it it will path back through the temple and produce a huge train to kill you, but its a neat way to pick up an extra mob in a camp cycle.

I would XP in the Great Divide sometimes by dragging one of the frost giant elites over to the dwarves and kite it past stuff until it had 5 coldain/tracking wolves on it. It would kill all of them and end up at about ~10-20% life, and I would train it over another coldain or two if it ended up high. Then I would melee it down from 10% or less once it finished killing all the NPCs.

I also solo the shardwing courier for XP in west wastes; I did a review of potential high XP quests and tested some, and Fjokar Frozenshard's quest has a turnin of about 1.5% of level 59. Its just barely soloable for me with root nets, slow poison and either external buffs or bandages, but between the kill and the quest it gives about the same XP as 45 minutes or so in an XP group, and I'm in the WW area for stuff all the time anyway. Can do the quest turnin as a rogue with just sneak while max KOS to giants.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Train a merchant on to sand giant. When the sand giant is low HP disengage the merchant (fear, root or memblur and calm) then memblur and kill the badly injured sand giant for full XP.

That's how I helped level my static's cleric while we were waiting on AC for jboots. It was so fast and used so little mana it felt like cheating.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Train a merchant on to sand giant. When the sand giant is low HP disengage the merchant (fear, root or memblur and calm) then memblur and kill the badly injured sand giant for full XP.

That's how I helped level my static's cleric while we were waiting on AC for jboots. It was so fast and used so little mana it felt like cheating.
If you aggro a merchant, how do you get them to attack the giant?
Old 07-30-2019, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

As a cleric? You mem blur it. Or train the giant to a merchant. The dark elf merchants in South Ro will kill any giant they find.

I think rooting them next to each other works (for having them aggro each other) too.
Last edited by Jimjam; 07-30-2019 at 05:33 PM..
Old 07-30-2019, 05:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1 for this big baller strat
Old 08-12-2019, 11:50 AM
Aviak

used to have a 60 dru 58 sham and 58 ench and sometimes a 59 necro to join a little group killing guardian wurms.

druid harmonies and pulls with dispel or whatever, run it west to the wall with pillars where its safe, harmony any adds and have the ench blur them. keep kiting it until its snared and slowed, send in the enchanter pet (one of the drakes i forget which specific one) and just damage shield, heal, and dot. if charm breaks wurm summons shaman, druid snares broken pet and enchanter gets it and sends it. trick is to make sure its slowed snared before you damage it, and there you go! farming high value spells and in a group of 3 and some being sub 60

it was easier when we had a necro because his pet would be able to tank a few initial hits before the shaman was summoned, IMO a mage would be the best addition. also druid can just Evacuate if it gets wild

pretty neat IMO considering no torpor, lots of resists and stuff but it worked and we made some great money and had a blast. favorite part was just coming up with a plan that might work and then trying it out until it did

also important note is heal as little as possible, after the fight just break pet, snare it, blur it, let it regen the %5 a tick and by the time the next wurm is over he should be good to recharm
Last edited by Silvurwolf; 08-12-2019 at 11:52 AM..
Old 08-12-2019, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Anytime you’re charming and fear kiting, Keep your pet around 10% hp if possible. They will flee on breaks instead of coming after you. Did this a lot with my bard as well solo charming.

This is a bit off OPs question but about 6 years ago I had a unique xp situation. It was a full group on my enc in FV. It was 2 necros, 2 Druids, and 2 enchanters w/charmed Pets. We were set up on the flat area of east wall in front of the drolvarg temple entrance. Had both Druids chain pulling snared mobs to camp. And the rest of us with 4 pets were keeping them feared and obliterating everything that moved. We had 2-3 mobs in the camp at all times, and it was the only time I’ve ever preferred being in a full group. Some of the most fun I’ve ever had.
Closed Thread